We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Are you driven by innovation and creativity? Are you looking for your next opportunity to make a strong impact for our customers?
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with strong expertise in machine-learning and AI to design, prototype and build the next generation analytics, machine learning engine and services.
Canada Life is one of the top 3 Insurance carriers in Canada who is part of a strong and mature global financial company. Canada Life has embarked on a transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. You will be part of the core Group Customer technology team with a strong commitment to transform our business with full leverage technology, data and analytics. You will work along side with a very supportive senior leadership and great culture. You will also work closely with our multi-functional team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Translators, Designers, and Product Owners. This role can be located in Toronto, London, or Winnipeg
What you will do
- Reporting to Director to shape the vision for Data Science at the business unit by implementing and utilizing best practices and AI technologies
- Build machine learning models with advanced analytics techniques to extend our capabilities and deliver new business value
- Architect the framework for data storage, analysis, and modeling for the Business Unit
- Work with internal cross-function leaders and business partners to translate the modeling results/understanding into actionable insights that drive business performance
- Create and align on a roadmap to execute against the priorities
- Create and/or oversee predictive analytics to test the Business Units direction and decision making
- Research and recommend data science solutions for improved effectiveness and delivery of demand generation initiatives for the business unit
What you will bring
Ph.D/MS in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent fields
- 5+ years of experience in Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning
- Experience with R or Python is required. Background in programming in C, C++, Java is beneficial
- Experience working with big data ecosystems with simulation/optimization and distributed computing tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience working in startup environment or organizations with an agile culture
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross-functional teams
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted