Who is Eventellect?
Eventellect partners with professional and collegiate sports teams to unify their approach to single game ticket sales and transform it into a strategic business asset. With Eventellect, teams fairly value single game tickets, protect season ticket holders’ investment and match the right audience with the right experience to maximize revenue, build fan loyalty and ensure team success. We manage ticket inventory in real time across multiple online sales channels via our proprietary software platform, market trend analysis, and pricing algorithms.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and driven people who want to be part of our growing company. We are actively expanding our in-house data science and engineering capabilities and are looking for a Data Engineer to build out our cloud-based data pipelines that feed our in-house analytics and data science models. The perfect candidate will have a strong focus on cloud-based data pipeline engineering and proven experience translating real-world data needs into robust data feeds. If you want to be a dedicated member of a highly collaborative team and develop industry-leading data science capabilities, then look no further!
What would you do?
- Work with data scientists and software developers to translate business objectives into robust data pipelines.
- Access, acquire, organize, and clean data from internal and external sources as needed.
- Build cloud data pipelines for use in analytics and machine learning.
- Collaborate with Data Science and Software to take models to production and/or scale them as needed.
- Develop necessary products (tools/visualizations/reports/dashboards) in order to make the data engineering efforts accessible to internal stakeholders.
What do you bring?
- Proven experience building data pipelines and working in cloud computing environments.
- Experience collaborating with professional software development teams and/or proven experience deploying models into production environments.
- Creative problem solver with a high focus on speed-to-value.
- Flexible and willing to accept changes in priorities as necessary.
What is required to succeed?
- BS, MS, or PhD in an analytical discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Operations Research)
- Hands-on experience with SQL and cloud data storage.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., git).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
What else would be nice to have?
- Experience working on teams solving Revenue Management (RM), forecasting, and inventory optimization problems.
- Experience with both R and/or Python.
- Experience with dashboarding tools, e.g., PowerBI or Tableau.
What are the perks of working at Eventellect?
- A fast-growing company that’s respected in Houston (Houston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2017 & 2018) and nationally (INC 5000 list of fastest-growing companies 9 years in a row).
- A competitive salary and bonus potential.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including 90% employee medical coverage, as well as dental and vision coverage, basic term life insurance and short-term disability coverage.
- A $1,000 annual ticket budget to spend on sports and other live events.
- Unlimited vacation days.
What else do I need to know?
- Work will primarily be performed in the Houston office.
- Employees are provided with Windows-based machines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.