GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people's lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We're looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join our Search and Recommendation Team in São Paulo or Lisbon!
Our team is responsible for providing our users with the tools they need to discover Gympass products and services that best fit their interests, such as gyms, personal trainers, fitness apps and classes.
- You will design, develop and maintain scalable and reliable Machine Learning pipelines and backend services to provide Gympass users with recommendations that helps them discover new products
- You will collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to build the necessary infrastructure to run experiments and measure performance
- You will build and improve Gympass product discovery and recommendations architectures
- You will work with the team on best practices to improve the team's performance in bringing ML models to production
- You will present technical findings internally to educate other Gympassers and externally to inspire and recruit other talented engineers
WHO YOU ARE
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below is a summary of what we think it takes to be successful in this role.
- A true team player with at least 2 years of post-graduate degree experience working as a machine learning engineer, software engineer, or data engineer
- Deep understanding of machine learning and large-scale data mining
- Passionate to learn new technologies quickly
- Solid software engineering skill with proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience in software development with large scale data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, TensorFlow, Hadoop, etc.)
- Skilled in deploying ML models at scale on public cloud computing clusters in production
- Familiarity with build/release systems and CI/CD pipelines
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Great communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to the team
- Fluent in English
Not required, but nice to have:
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including Scala, Java, or Go
- Degree on Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science or any related subject
- Experience with recommender systems and personalized ranking
- Experience with MLOps and orchestration tools such as Airflow, KubeFlow, MLflow
- Experience with messaging systems, Docker, Kubernetes, REST APIs, AWS (EMR, Sagemaker)
- Cool side projects or Kaggle competition results
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (Latam)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + extra day off on the month of your birthday + 1 day off for each anniversary of the year worked.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (EU)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
Gympass discount: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
Flexible work: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
Paid time off: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!)
Parental leave: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
Career growth: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
Culture: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook Life at Gympass and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.