Job Description: Parsons is seeking a Software Engineer with a strong background in Machine Learning specifically in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning (DL) applications to participate in on-going radar research and development (R&D) efforts at one of the Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. You will have the opportunity to use your experience and knowledge to develop hardware and software to improve the signal processing of current and next generation RF systems including radar, EW and ISR sensors.
- Provide analysis, requirements and algorithm design, implementation, integration, verification, and maintenance of artificial intelligence software systems. Collaborate across multi-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving IT services enterprise
- Exercise a strong knowledge of software systems, artificial intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, design methods, and system of systems architectures.
- Collaborate across multi-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving the Advanced Engineering and Modeling and Simulation Experimentation Environment and Solutions.
- Participate in algorithmic design and machine learning frameworks including classification and targeting techniques. Understands and can follow development operations procedures such as source control, change management and release planning.
- Integrate AI engine/ techniques with Modeling and Simulation Applications
- Ability to self-manage and pace responsibilities to ensure completion of all required activities in a timely manner
- BS (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar field
- 2-3 years of experience with Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning in complex software systems
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition; target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces;
- Experience in radar technologies, signal processing or communications; acquisition, tracking and/or discrimination algorithm development; waveform design and analysis; pulse data analysis; RCS Modeling;
- Programming in a compiled language such as C++ (preferred), C, Java, or Python
- Experience using tools such as MATLAB or Python for analysis of data sets
- Experience with running and modifying simulations and performing analysis
- This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense Secret level security clearance, which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.