You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.DentaQuest manages dental and vision benefits for more than 33 million Americans. Our outcomes-based, cost-effective solutions are designed for Medicaid and CHIP, Medicare Advantage, small and large businesses, and individuals. With a focus on prevention and value, we aim to make quality care accessible to improve the oral health of all.
We welcome applicants from anywhere in the U.S.
At Sun Life, we look for optimistic people who want to make life brighter for our Clients. We understand the value of diverse cultures, perspectives, and identities, and want you to bring your full and authentic self to work. Every day, you’ll be empowered and challenged by working with dynamic colleagues to find new and innovative ways to make Sun Life the best benefits company in America.The opportunity:
How you will contribute:
- Collaborating with operational leads and subject matter experts to develop and implement tactics and strategy for optimizing profitability, clinical performance, member and provider satisfaction and client satisfaction by developing and leveraging analytic tools, financial models and reports, marketing and outreach.
- Is an expert SAS/Python, SQL, Tableau and Excel developer, responsible for presenting recommendations, strategies and findings. Will organize, lead and support efforts to measure, analyze and report on trends enterprise-wide related to provider utilization, reimbursements, access to care, cost management, etc. and identify and promote strategies to positively influence access to quality, cost effective care and improved program performance.
- Works with other areas of the company, including Underwriting, Provider Services, Clinical Management and Client Services to assist in the understanding of provider cost and network trends impacting program costs and profitability and to recommend strategies for improvement wherever possible.
What you will bring with you:
- Working with DentaQuest data to manipulate and analyze data to extract insight, and to develop data science methodologies, and the implementation of actionable finding.
- Use SAS/Python, SQL and other tools to analyze complex business situations and support effort to optimize outcomes measurement, provider optimization, fraud detection, member behavior management.
- Present technical findings and methodologies and present recommendations to senior clients in written and visual presentations.
- Provide mentoring and support to analysts to assist in their development and ability to meet department needs.
- Monitor and track provider reimbursements to identify strategies to ensure access and profitability targets are met in a manner that is consistent with quality, cost effective value-based care.
- Work with other internal departments as necessary to develop strategies and programs to manage dental costs within each market to assure profitability and budgetary goals are met.
- Provide recommendations on department policies, objectives and initiatives. Evaluate and suggest changes as necessary to optimize processes and efficiencies.
- Participate in special projects as needed or requested.
- Adhere to DentaQuest and Business Analytics business processes, SOPs and quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Finance, Economics or business-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in data management, analysis and reporting to include experience with combining clinical and financial data.
- Advanced experience with database and business intelligence tools such as SAS, Python, Tableau, MS Report Manager and Report Builder.
- Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms and/or quality metrics.
- Strong foundation in statistical theory and practice required.
- Knowledge of health care industry is preferred.
- Strong time management and business process skills.
- Ability work well with others.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Do you see yourself in this role even if you haven’t checked all the boxes above? We welcome all talented candidates and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all forms. If you think you might thrive in this setting, we would love to hear from you.
Not ready to apply yet but want to stay in touch? Join our talent community to stay connected until the time is right for you!Life is brighter when you work at Sun Life
- Excellent benefits and wellness programs to support the three pillars of your well-being – mental, physical and financial – including generous vacation and sick time, market-leading paid family, parental and adoption leave, a partially-paid sabbatical program, medical plans, company paid life and AD&D insurance as well as disability programs and more
- Retirement and Stock Purchase programs to help build and enhance your future financial security including a 401(k) plan with an employer-paid match as well as an employer-funded retirement account
- A flexible work environment with a friendly, caring, collaborative and inclusive culture
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the U.S.
- Named as a “Top 10” employer by the Boston Globe's “Top Places to Work” two years running
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are a California resident, the salary range for this position is:
- Southern region: $95,200-$142,800 annually
- Central region: $100,400-$150,600 annually
- Northern region: $107,400-$161,100 annually
If you are a Colorado resident, the salary range for this position is $90,900- $13,400 annually.
If you are a New York resident, the salary range for this position is $107,400-$161,100 annually.
If you are Washington resident, the salary range for this position is $100,400-$150,600 annually.
We consider various factors in determining actual pay including your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to salary, this position is eligible for incentive awards based on individual and business performance as well as a broad range of competitive benefits.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter -for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please email recruitingUS@sunlife.com to request an accommodation.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Advanced AnalyticsPosting End Date:
28/01/2024All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected vetera