Clear Capital is navigating new territory in real estate, data delivery, analytics, financial technology and customer care. To put it simply, we are revolutionizing the housing market with smarter tech and data savvy tools bringing objectivity to a subjective process. If your daily conversations hinge on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, it’s safe to say that we speak the same language.
Our Data Analytics and Engineering team is leading a major transformation - creating innovative data and software products to change the lives of our customers. Our critical work not only supports our clients but also the millions of people who apply for home loans every day in search of their dream home.
In short, we offer all the spirit and excitement of a startup, backed by a solid track record and financial results from one of the most respected names in the industry.Your Mission:
The Chief Data Scientist will help lead our Data Engineering & Analytics efforts to extract, manage, and analyze information in order to create game changing data and analytic products that will transform an industry that represents the largest asset class in the United States.
This role requires a unique blend of technical, business and communication skills and will report to our Chief Technology Officer and support the entire executive team. Familiarity with a broad range of tools and techniques as well as the experience to understand what is involved with in-depth technical implementations including hands on experience with database technologies, programming frameworks, development languages and common prototyping tools is required.
- You are a business minded data scientist with capitalism built into your DNA
- You are a technology polyglot
- You imagine data models that are highly scalable
- You’re an innovator and a builder
- Your personality is highly engaging and exciting to those we do business with
- You’re a mentor, leader and collaborator, not a manager
- You inspire those that work for and with you to produce their best work
- Industry disruption and transformation is a noble cause you want be a part of
- You want to ship profitable product, not just build models of what could be
- Your passion and intelligence amplify teams and executives to think bigger
- Your customer polish and public relations persona sets you apart from the pack
In the broadest terms you must be able to:
- Understand tangible business drivers and KPI’s
- Identify appropriate data science techniques, tools, and applications
- Communicate vision and win buy-in from peers
- Execute the analytics projects in a lean manner
- Improving our brand through public writing and speaking engagements
Your Skills and Education:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Business, Computer Science or other relevant field; PhDs are welcomed to apply
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in data / analytics
- Strong project leadership and management skills required
- Expertise in data mining and machine learning
- Strong experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Strong background in computer vision/capture technologies
- Solid statistical background (Regression, Clustering, Decision trees, Exploratory Data Analysis methodology, Bayesian statistics)
- Entrepreneurial experience (starting a company, running innovation teams within companies) strongly preferred
- A natural instinct for innovation and pragmatic 'out-of-the-box' thinking
Clear Capital is the premier provider of real estate valuation, analytics, and technology solutions. Powered by its more than 45 years worth of information on nearly every U.S. metro, neighborhood, and property, Clear Capital’s solutions are trusted by community credit unions and billion-dollar financial institutions alike. Clear Capital is headquartered in Reno-Tahoe with a team of more than 500 nationwide, dedicated to going wherever it leads, and doing whatever it takes.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CompensationSalary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer