Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
The Data, Analytics and AI team is responsible for maturing the data & analytics capabilities within the organization. This includes the deployment of data & analytics related applications required for our digital domains / products as well as identifying and ensuring the delivery of the enterprise enablers (e.g. technology, data culture and literacy, governance).
The data analyst is a key role within the organization acting as a business translator and ensuring the applications are aligned with and supporting the business outcomes. It is a key role to help bridge the gap between the business needs and the technical teams and play a central role in the delivery of complex, challenging and strategically key initiatives / products.
The Senior Data Analyst will play an active role to implement a strong functional analysis capability with Solvay as well as working with Product Managers and Product Owners on initiatives to drive the implementation of solutions that help to create innovative digital products and implement best in class digital journeys to achieve the Solvay Digital Strategy
Education & Experience:
- Implement the Business Analysis framework and methodology within the department ensuring it is well integrated with the overall approach to deliver data & analytics services
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to ensure the business analysis capabilities is appropriately leveraged and deployed across the data & analytics portfolio
- Ambassador to the business analysis community working closely with senior leaders and the rest of the team members to drive the achievement of the team's objectives
- Support the data functional analysis pool lead developing strategy and guidelines for appropriate staffing requirements, exercising control over resources, budget management and planning and contributing to defining standards
- Resolve issues that have impact beyond own area and apply in-depth understanding of business analysis concepts and procedures and basic knowledge of other areas
- Play an active role maturing the data functional analysis capability including active guidance and coaching of junior members
- Bridge between business and IT - Engage with the product owners and business experts to review, deep dive and validate the epics. Challenge requirements and propose potential functional solutions. Development of user stories
- Enable delivery of scope - utilize agile tools (JIRA, confluence, etc) to communicate and document clear, unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements to agreed standards. Support development teams to clarify functional questions
- Actively participate in the Agile delivery ceremonies - daily scrums, biweekly reviews, weekly status meeting, biweekly sprints review and planning
- Enable adoption & hypercare - Co-create the end user documentation and deliver training on applications. Support adoption activities (queries,, Q&A sessions,etc). During hypercare phase, support the resolution of incidents, issues, queries
What We Offer:
- Master in IT, Business or any other relevant field
- Proven experience (7 years+) in business analysis experience within the Digital space, and specifically in the finance and / or customer areas
- Knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide)
- Business analysis certification - PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
- Solid experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to influence, engage with, and respond to stakeholders with credibility and impact
- Creative thinker, have a hunger for novelty and newness with a keen interest in emerging technologies and analytical techniques. Excellent analytical skills
- Able to work collaboratively with others – understanding, respecting and leveraging different perspectives, skills and objectives
- Able to prioritize and communicate to stakeholders what you’re delivering and when, reliably and independently
- Driven to learn and result oriented. Focused on value delivered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Experience working in International environment - proficiency in English is mandatory
- A competitive package
- Access to a wide variety of Company benefits
- Exciting learning and development opportunities
- Family-friendly policies - 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Additional local benefits
- Paris, Brussels, Lisbon, Lyo
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.