Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiologist and Research is responsible for creating, generating and analyzing reports and data; ensuring existing databases and upgrades are fulfilling data governance requirements; collecting, analyzing data and metrics, and interpreting, summarizing, creating and maintaining statistical data files; building reports and dashboards specific to business areas and reporting on trends and results; contributing to the development and monitoring of surveillance indicators and systems.
- Provides comprehensive statistical analysis for the Planning team of the COVID-19 response .
- Supporting population health assessment and surveillance mandates related to COVID-19 case, contact, outbreak and immunization needs.
- Develops and maintains metrics, dashboards and reports to be used management and staff.
- Analyzes data and reports variances above defined thresholds and makes recommendations to assist with management decisions.
- Computes statistical data by utilizing statistical software and health databases (i.e. SPSS, STATA, GIS) and prescribed formulas.
- Prepares and builds standard and customized statistical reports in user friendly formats.
- Provides reports to management on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Develops and disseminates procedures and guidelines.
- Liaises with subject matter experts, to ensure accurate data collection and provides input into the analysis of health outcomes.
- Provides consultation services to Divisional management and staff related to the availability and use of health information data.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health or Biostatistics or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in extracting, analyzing and reporting data generated from information/ systems, and writing experience that includes creating/synthesizing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated skills establishing, maintaining and producing complex databases/spreadsheets including current experience with database design, report generation and modifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and community health issues and epidemiological practices
- Knowledge of public health data sources and survey tools.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to interpret and reconcile complex statistical reports.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications at an advanced level and demonstrated experience with SPSS, STATA, GIS, EXCEL and Access.
- Experience with the development of cartographic and analytic products.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by July 19, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.