Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
As a Data Scientist, you will develop analytics using a wide range of data sources to directly help the research, portfolio construction and trading processes across a range of different investment teams and share responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of these processes. This will be done under the guidance of senior members of the team..ResponsibilitiesHow you'll spend your time....What you’ll do:
What you’ll like about this role:
- Actively participate in research projects through idea generation, data preparation, rigorous analysis, reaching sensible conclusions and making actionable recommendations
- Engineer processes to gather data from a wide variety of data sources and construct and maintain data validation processes
- Present results of data analysis using data visualization techniques within applications such as Shiny, Dash and Jupyter
- Research advanced data science methods and techniques
- Assist in enriching the team’s research and production infrastructure and analytics capabilities
- An organization with steadfast commitments to diversity and inclusion
- A working climate that values and supports different perspectives and culture
- Opportunity to gain in-depth exposure to the field of quantitative finance
- Opportunities to collaborate with fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers across the organization to exchange ideas, communicate insights, and broaden their area of expertise
- Making an impactful contribution to the success of the team and help clients to achieve their investment goals
- Structured mentoring and career progression
- Work-life balance
To be successful in this role you will have....
About Our Company
- Prior relevant work experience, augmented as needed by academic or online learning in analytic methods or programming
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong programming skills, including proficiency in a data analysis language (Python, R)
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets
- Clear, concise, proactive communication skills
- Proven intellectual curiosity
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.