CENTRA Technology, Inc. (CENTRA), is part of PAE, a publicly traded company providing analytic, consulting, and staffing support to U.S. Government national security agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security and Defense, and similar Government clients. CENTRA’s Homeland Group provides a range of homeland security and law enforcement intelligence support, risk analysis and modeling, and program management services to Federal, state, and local agencies. We pride ourselves in developing creative, customized, and flexible approaches that meet our clients’ evolving and dynamic needs.
The Homeland Group is looking for a TS/SCI-cleared Data Scientist to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Science and Technology (S&T). The successful applicant will serve as the Lead Data Scientist for a DHS S&T program assessing and enhancing the application of emerging DOMEX, data/media analytics, behavior science, sensor system, biometrics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence research and digital forensics tools to provide enhanced capabilities for DHS and partner agency law enforcement organizations.
The Data Scientist will have experience working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modelling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; storytelling; and visualization. Additionally, he/she will be able to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning. He/she will also collect, clean, and mung data in a timely manner as part of a cross-functional team in an intelligence. environment.
Strong candidates should also possess a combination of the following:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 12 yrs. relevant experience, OR Associates Degree in a relevant field plus 10 yrs. relevant experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field plus 8 yrs. relevant experience, OR Master’s Degree in a relevant field plus 6 yrs. relevant experience; or Doctoral Degree in a relevant field plus 4 yrs. relevant experience. Candidates with degrees in non-relevant fields must have additional experience to qualify.
- Experience developing a centralized data analytics platform.
- Experience working with law enforcement organizations such as FBI, DHS, ICE and ICE HSI
- Experience with imagery analytics research and development
- Experience using data analytics to research, develop and test digital forensic tools
- Familiarity with programming languages such as: R, SAS, Python, MatLab, SQL, Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas is preferred: transnational organized crime, child exploitation, human trafficking, war crimes or narcotics & weapons trafficking
- Ability to supervising, managing, and reviewing work of lower level scientists
CENTRA provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match, and a generous educational reimbursement program.