At Great Eastern, we are building analytics and data science capabilities to realize the full value of our data. The principal data scientist is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of group wide data science initiatives. These initiatives include the application of data science models for lead generation, marketing, customer engagement, risk management, and operational efficiency.
The Principal Data Scientist is expected to work closely with key stakeholders and possess strong technical skills required to implement data science solutions that enable the use of data as a strategic asset and is an expert technical advisor for the Data Science team.
- Participate in the build of group wide data science capabilities, with a focus on organising, analysing and interpreting data to uncover patterns and insights and establishing how these findings can help increase business value through making better informed decisions;
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to data scientists.
- Lead research & development efforts on new machine learning approaches.
- Develop machine learning pipelines to streamline and automate deployment of models.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to drive integration and adoption of data science insights into new and existing business processes by demonstrating the ability to communicate the business benefits provided by analytics insights.
- Establish partnership with the Group IT and Data Engineering teams to ensure adequate data infrastructure is in place to support the availability and efficient blending of traditional, unstructured and also third party data for various data science projects.
- Ensure all data science project undertaking comply with both internal and external policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborate with third party solutions providers to identify next generation data science solutions through a series of proof of concepts (POC).
- Provide group level support to extended Data Science team based in other GE offices.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics, Actuarial Science or equivalent disciplines with extensive use of data for analysis.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the development and implementation of data science solutions required.
- Practical knowledge on machine learning techniques (clustering, tree algorithms, artificial neural networks, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrating the ability to communicate the business benefits provided by analytics insights.
- Proficient in programming languages such as SAS, Python and R required.
- Proficient in SQL programming and standard MS Office applications required.
- Experience in using data visualization software such as Tableau.
- Experience in using BigQuery and Google Analytics will be preferred.
- Experience in Insurance or Financial Services is a plus.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.