We are seeking a dedicated and seasoned Sales Data Analyst to join our dynamic sales team. We recognize the immense potential that data holds in guiding our strategic decisions, especially in sales and marketing. The Sales Data Analyst is not just a role—it's an opportunity to be at the forefront of driving our company's growth.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who doesn't just see numbers, but stories and potential. They will have the acumen to navigate through large datasets, drawing out actionable insights that can fuel our sales strategies. This role is pivotal in ensuring our sales team is equipped with the right information at the right time, enabling them to capture opportunities and tackle challenges proactively.
As a Sales Data Analyst, you'll be an integral bridge between raw data and actionable business strategies, ensuring that our sales force operates at peak efficiency and effectiveness. Your work will directly influence our sales direction, making this role instrumental in our continued success in the marketplace.
Data Management & Analysis:
- Collect, clean, and interpret sales data from various sources including CRM systems, sales tools, and third-party vendors.
- Conduct detailed sales data analysis using statistical methods to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies.
Reporting & Visualization:
- Design and produce regular and ad-hoc sales reports for the sales and executive teams.
- Use data visualization tools to represent data in a form that is easy to understand and visually compelling.
- Set up automated processes to generate and distribute key sales reports at regular intervals, ensuring timely data delivery.
- Continuously adapt and modify reports based on changing sales strategies and market dynamics, ensuring constant alignment.
- Collaborate with sales teams to forecast future sales trends based on historical data and current market dynamics.
- Track and analyze sales performance to forecasted results, highlighting areas of concern.
- Model different sales scenarios (e.g., best-case, worst-case, likely-case) to prepare for a range of potential outcomes
- Employ advanced statistical methods and machine learning algorithms to project future sales based on historical data and other relevant variables.
- Work closely with other departments (such as Marketing, Finance, and Product) to understand and address data needs and ensure alignment in strategies.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current sales analytics processes.
- Stay updated with the latest analytical methods and tools in the market and integrate them into the organization as necessary.
Continuous Improvement & Problem-Solving
- Implement the Fortive Business System (FBS) tools and methodologies to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement in the sales process.
- Engage in regular training and upskilling sessions to stay updated on FBS methodologies.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions, using FBS principles, to identify bottlenecks and provide innovative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a data analysis role, preferably in a sales environment.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Prefer onsite or hybrid
Fortive Corporation Overview
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 18,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT).
Specialty Product Technologies (SPT) has grown to be a global leader as a core technology company comprised of several strong product lines. SPT designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products, services, and technologies to deliver manufacturing/operational efficiencies, cost-effective solutions, and high-quality products demanded by today’s industrial automation marketplace.
Every SPT product line has earned a “best in class” reputation and has been built on a solid foundation of achievement over a long period of time with proven reliability in the most rigorous and demanding applications. Each product line is considered essential components in the markets and applications they serve.
Founded in 1901 as the Veeder Manufacturing Company, the company joined the Danaher portfolio in 1986 and has continued to grow. Today, SPT is part of the Fortive Corporation. The SPT product lines encompass the solid brands of Eagle Signal, Joslyn Clark, Namco Controls, Superior Electric, Thomson Nyliner, and Veeder-Root. SPT product lines can be found in a wide variety of applications and industries.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.