About Itoc:We accelerate and de-risk our clients' journey into the cloud.
- Work with a great team on interesting projects & customers
- Flex your experience in AWS, Data, & DevOps cloud operations
- Lead the design and development of compelling data lake & Kafka solutions
We are an award winning cloud consulting, engineering & managed services company with a proven track record assisting clients with their cloud strategy, implementation and operations.
As a leading consulting partner with Amazon Web Services, we build relationships based on integrity and a no failed project ethos.
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work along some of the Cloud’s best.
We work hard but we have fun.The opportunity:
We are growing our Data Team in Sydney and looking to bring on those with technical leadership potential. This is an exciting role working with modern data architectures for data lakes, Apache Kafka, databases & warehouses, and data transformation (Python & SQL).
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be implementing foundational, robust and production ready data platforms to enable business data-discovery, self-service, AI/ML functions across a range of client types and industries, allowing them to do more with their data.
You'll be responsible for:
- Expanding our capability in our core data focus areas;
- Data Lakes & Modern Data Architectures
- Relational Databases & Warehouses
- Apache Kafka clusters and services
- Keeping our customers ahead of the curve with the latest data technologies and tools.
- Contribute to our growing portfolio of data solutions.
- Ongoing optimisation and management of data platforms.
- Architecture and development of data ingestion, transformation, and presentation pipelines.
- Data evangelism. We want to show our clients how to follow the best practices for data.
To take up the challenge, you will have:
- A passion for data!
- Experience working with data lake, database, and pub/sub solutions
- Ability to analyse business scenarios and associated data landscape to derive potential opportunities.
- Excellent Python and SQL skills (Additional experience with Java/Scala is favourable)
- Demonstrated design, deployment and operation of data lakes including streaming ingestion & analytics
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Architecture & development of Kafka clusters and producers/consumers
- Including accessory services such as KSQL, Schema Registry, monitoring tools etc.
- Knowledge of Confluent Cloud or AWS MSK is favourable
- Experience with Databricks is favourable
- Comprehensive understanding of modern data storage structures and technologies
- Knowledge of the different aspects of data environments
- Collect, store, process, verify & consume
- Robust knowledge of relational database platforms & query engines on AWS
- e.g. Amazon Aurora, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift
- Designing and interacting with APIs & data source endpoints
- Extensive experience with version management systems (such as Git)
- Comprehensive knowledge of AWS or another cloud platform, with an emphasis on Infrastructure-as-Code
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with customers, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- A STEM qualification is highly desirable (although experience counts!) and/or industry certifications.
While not required, a background in consulting and professional services will be beneficial.Why should you apply:
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join the growing Sydney-based Data Team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online and enterprise business.
As an employer of choice Itoc offers;
- Competitive remuneration.
- Paid training and continuous development programs - level up your skills faster than anywhere else.
- Collaborative and close knit social team environment.
- We value a healthy work life balance.
- Choice of Mac or Microsoft laptop.
- Regular social events.
- Application - please upload your CV and link to LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- Review - Depending on the role and candidate pool please allow up to 1 week for your application to be reviewed.
- Phone Screen - if your CV is deemed suitable expect to hear from us for a quick call.
- Interview - Will be focused on your team fit and technical capabilities and may require to meet multiple team members. But don't worry, we’re very friendly!
- Background checks - You will be required to have a police and 2 reference checks.