We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will support you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss reduced hours and job share arrangements.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a member of the Carnival UK Data Science team, specifically focused on using your data science skills to provide quantifiable benefit and insight to the Revenue Management team. The role will primarily support Revenue Management teams such as Pricing, Inventory Management and Deployment although will stretch to other areas as required.
Working with the Lead Data Scientist, you will identify areas that can be improved with data science, prioritise projects with stakeholders and work individually or in teams with other Data Scientists/SMEs to implement models and insight into the business.
You will lead a small team of Data Scientists to work on these projects, as well as continually develop the data science capabilities of our cutting-edge Revenue Management System, so that it delivers the most value to our brand pricing teams. You will also collaborate with Data Scientists from our sister brands to develop data science assets together and knowledge sharing.
- Work as part of a cross-brand and international team of Data Scientists responsible for the scientific development of a world leading Revenue Management System (RMS). Improving machine learning/AI models within the system and ensuring the system works with our brand’s requirements.
- Become a data science expert in the RMS representing Carnival UK’s data science interests in the corporate global forum. Support and build trust from the RMS user community and drive system adoption and engagement.
- Identify areas for potential model improvement and development to advance the revenue management capability across the business.
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists and teams to deliver actionable insights to the business.
- Lead the conception and design of new data science projects implementation into the business or as part of the RMS.
- Support the delivery of the strategic data science roadmap, ensuring a clear and visible plan for delivery across all those areas, leveraging the size and remit of the team and their expertise.
- Engage with stakeholders in Revenue Management and other areas to understand and draft project requirements, inform on progress of work and take charge of the roll out of insights and results into the business.
- Nurture and actively support Data Scientists in prioritising stakeholder requests/projects.
Our role categories range from CUK15 (entry level) to CUK1 (Brand President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CUK07 and is offered on a full time, permanent basis, with at least two days based in our Southampton office.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and support us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also need:
- Excellent mathematical, computer and analytical skills.
- Demonstrable experience with SQL & R/Python
- Proven Operations Research/Data Science experience post masters, applying research and other advanced methodologies to solve complex issues / strategic business problems, or a PhD in a relevant field.
- Very strong analytical, statistical and modelling skills, with experience manipulating and ‘making sense’ of data from disparate systems.
Being part of our team has its benefits…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help support your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
- A warm welcome with full support settling in
- Home and office-based hybrid working (minimum two office days)
- Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Annual bonus
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Employee-led networks
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
- Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
- Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
- Company paid private medical and dental insurance and health assessment
- In-house Occupational Health support and access to digital GP
- Life Assurance
- Parental and adoption leave
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Shares Plan
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
- Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal