Vacancy no: 510144
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Major project, Architect - design, and implement data pipelines
- High growth business - ASX 100
- 12-Month Fixed-Term opportunity, with the view to become permanent in Melbourne, VIC
Who we are
When you start to think of waste as a resource, it opens up a world of possibilities. Cleanaway is the largest waste management company in Australia providing sustainable waste management solutions to a range of customers including councils, small businesses, large corporate entities, and government agencies to provide sustainable waste management solutions.
Cleanaway is an essential service with environmental causes and sustainability in mind. In order to be efficient and to succeed in its good to great journey, major data sources need to be harnessed. The data landscape is vast, incorporating huge amounts of data in all different shapes and sizes: Everything form Telemetry, IoT, trucks GPS and weight-bearing loads, production lines to HR systems, ERP, sales and more; Tens of source systems and complex data challenges.
As a Sr Data Engineer with at least 5 years of experience under your belt, you will architect, design, and implement data pipelines, support the productionisation of predictive analysis and complex modelling. You will play a significant role in delivering and implementing solutions across the company.
- Develop data analytics and reporting solutions that drive decision making and improve performance across all departments of the business.
- Develop data pipelines in Azure eco-system – Azure Storage, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Server, Synapse.
- Liaise with solutions architects, data analysts, DataOps, business analysts, data scientists and other developers to ensure all deliveries are supported by the correct architectural implementation. Provide expert advice and guidance on data quality-related activities.
- Work closely with Data Analysts, DataOps and Data Scientists to develop the Data & Analytics framework – Data Lake, Enterprise Data Warehouse solution and more
- Comply with the procedures and processes used within the Data & Analytics team, ensuring all work undertaken is executed consistently and professionally.
- Perform Data Analytics & Business Intelligence duties including but not limited to business analysis, information analysis, data extraction, loading and transformation (ETL/ELT), data modelling, data cube development, report development, user training and documentation
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
- Sound SQL, GIT and Python (PySpark, pandas and dataframes); Experience with XML, JSON and unstructured data sources
- DataLake & EDW methodologies; Data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design; Deep understanding of relational modelling, understanding of dimensional modelling
- Azure eco-system and software stack – PowerBI, ADF, Databricks(Apache Spark), Synapse, SQL Server, DevOps
- GIT, CI/CD under TDD (VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- ERD and Dimensional Modelling; Skill in data modelling and in designing Data Vaults and/or Kimball-based data models
- Demonstrable experience in delivering insightful analysis and reporting solutions
- Experience in ETL/ELT process and traditional ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, Alteryx.)
- Degree qualified in a relevant commercial, analytical or mathematical discipline.
- Experience participating in scrum-based agile teams
- High growth business ASX 100 listed
- A leader in sustainability and renewable resources
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunity to work on integrations
How to apply
Cleanaway encourages and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply”.
Applications close: 21 May 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time