#This role is part of SGUnited Traineeship Programme#
As Junior Data Scientist at Lazada, you will apply different techniques such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing and operational research to drive and equip Lazada with the right strategies to best position ourselves in the market and to enhance platform growth. You will work alongside various teams to understand their different strategies and requirements.
The ideal candidate will be very hands-on and will dive deep into the root causes of any issues and blockers. You will be and responsible for building algorithms specific to the domain that you will be assigned to. There are currently 3 domains under Lazada Data Science:
Seller & Operation Business: including campaign product selection, pricing, product tagging, matching and recommendation, etc. to boost seller and platform growth.
Promotion Business: including the design, development and optimization of promotion scheme generation, promotion recommendation, promotion distribution, performance prediction and analysis.
Messaging Business: including content selection, user segmentation, recommendation, timing and message selection algorithms, and help to provide the best user engagement practices.
Other activities which you will be involved in include:
- Keeping up to date with the state-of-the-art research and integrated applications on deep learning, recommendation, optimization, reinforcement learning, amongst others.
- Continually improving algorithms to adapt to evolving business requirements, and ensuring high efficiency, scalability as well as good coding style.
- Regular communication across teams/functions and updates to relevant stakeholders on progress of projects
- Graduated with at least a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent fields.
- Solid theoretical foundations in at least one of the following: machine learning, natural language processing, personalised search & recommendation, user/seller behaviour modelling, sales prediction, knowledge graph and representation, marketing algorithms or large-scale data analysis/platforms. Related project experiences in any of the above is a plus.
- Expertise in deep learning, reinforcement learning, transfer learning, explore & exploit algorithms, control theory is preferred.
- Fluent programming skills in at least one core programming language: SQL, Java or Python.
Required skills and attributes
- Passionate about technology
- Demonstrate ability to generate new ideas and innovations
- Keen self-learner and comfortable with out-of-the-box problem solving
- You are able to work independently, proactively with a strong spirit of teamwork
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to stakeholders