Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Global OTT Data Platforms (GOTTD) department has designed and built a real time data analytics platform using the latest cloud and open-source technologies. We stream billions of events each day to help our partner teams across Sky and Comcast deliver insights and analytics
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our many stakeholders and business areas to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter, developing requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution
- Design of Data Models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner
- Work effectively across the GOTTD team to playback the business challenges and proposed changes, to ensure we collectively have full understanding of the impact and retain a close relationship throughout, to ensure that the requirements are met
- Contribute towards defining analysis best practice and standards and ensuring consistency of delivery across the team
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the team, acting as a role model
- Supporting & deputising with line Manager where necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience of delivery of analysis across large scale data warehousing projects applying principles in terms of dimensional modelling and ETL pipeline design
- Comprehensive Cloud experience
- Experience of translating diffuse and complex business requirements into user stories covering functional, non-functional, security and acceptance criteria
- Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
- Experience in cloud based ETL environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Effective management of multiple priorities and conflicting requests
- Excellent organisation skills, ensuring transparency of plans and deliverables
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.