Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The team is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the full life-cycle of data relating to all types of Syndicated Loans. We look beyond the headline or the numbers and live for the details and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news, markets and analysis. We always relish the challenge of solving complex problems.
As a Senior Data Analyst within the Syndicated Loans team, you will be responsible for developing and expanding the scope and reach of the Loans product. You will collaborate closely directly with both buy and sell-side clients to deepen our understanding of client workflows. You will be in constant communication with Syndicate Desks and other market participants who are bringing new deals to market to ensure we have the most accurate and up to date information. Key focus will be on building and developing a strong relationship that helps us source crucial data, provide insights and support to our clients & identify and gaps and opportunities in the client offerings. Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from existing providers or establishing brand-new relationships, managing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop, maintain & further relationships with key decision makers at buy and sell-side clients and to improve the coverage and reach of Bloomberg Syndicated Loans product
- Expand the depth of our knowledge of client workflows with existing Loans clients to ensure timely acquisition of new issue loan data from involved parties and/or third-party system
- Maintain the existing proprietary database of Syndicated Loans
- Plan and host topical events to establish a Loans community and promote Bloomberg data
- Collaborate with the Fixed Income and wider Bloomberg Data teams and liaise closely with sales teams to effectively serve Bloomberg's client base
- Develop workflow processes, support product development and work closely with Engineering and Business teams to ensure user experience and functionality aligns with client's expectations and the overall product strategy
- Business proficiency or above in Korean language to manage existing and prospective Korean client relations
- 4-5 years+ of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions*
- Demonstrated experience of the fixed income or syndicated loans market
- Shown ability to work with client service, sales support, or marketing role in the Loans Industry
- Demonstrated experience to build and maintain client relationships, including cold calling
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill
- Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- An existing network within Loan Industry is beneficial
- Proven experience in programming language (such as Python)
- An interest in technology and data analysis
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to generate new opportunities
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients, and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Find out more here:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!