HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are our Data Scientistin India, you will get an opportunity to work on below
- Mines data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions creating business value and innovation.
- Manages relationships with business partners to evaluate and foster data driven innovation, provide domain-specific expertise in cross-organization projects/initiatives.
- Ties insights into effective visualizations communicating business value and innovation potential.
- Maintains proficiency within the data science domain by keeping up with technology and trend shifts. Contributes to industry data science domain initiatives.
- Leads project team(s) of data science professionals, assuring insights are communicated regularly and effectively, reviewing designs, models and accuracy and data compliance.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Communicates and drives data insights/innovation into the business.
- Represents the data science team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience using statistics, mathematics, algorithms and programming languages to solve big data challenges.
- Fluent in structured and unstructured data, its management, and modern data transformation methodologies.
- Ability to define and create complex models to pull valuable insights, predictions and innovation from data.
- Effectively and creatively tell stories and create visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and project team.
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Leads multiple projects requiring data engineering solutions development.
- Drives design innovation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's, Master's or PHD degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 8-10 years’ experience including graduate or postgraduate research.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!