Are you a seasoned analytics professional who wants to be at the cutting-edge of data science and artificial intelligence? If you care about leading a mission forward as much as advancing the field of data science, this is the opportunity for you. Your deep data science and machine learning expertise, coupled with an original approach to your work, will guide clients and stakeholders as they make sense of their data and encourage actionable results. We’re looking for someone like you to lead complex data exploration and analytics projects through your experience with the full life-cycle of machine learning development and deployment for fraud, waste and abuse, identity theft, risk and other rare event detection.
As an advanced data scientist/researcher on our team, you’ll introduce innovative data science and machine learning methodologies to make a real-world impact on fraud and risk detection You’ll share your skills in predictive modeling and machine learning operationalization and shape the future of analytics through a variety of means like white papers and client presentations.
We’ll keep you sharp and moving forward in your career, with access to online courses and the latest tools and methods. Whether you’re or building models to detect identity theft or helping prevent improper you’ll lead a team that serves critical missions from end to end. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- Experience in the full lifecycle of machine learning development and deployment including gathering requirements, identifying data, preparing data, and building, validating, and using deploying predictive models with the usage having in tangible results
- Experience in providing technical direction and leadership to data science teams, including analytic ad hoc requests
- Experience working with and presenting to nontechnical clients who do not have a lot of knowledge of data science or machine learning
- Experience with business development, technical leadership, product management or product ownership, or client facing project work
- Knowledge of the landscape of technology capabilities around data science or machine learning
- Ability to work on business development capabilities independently, including proposal and white paper writing, creating and proposing solutions without having specific business requirements, and presenting to clients about firm capabilities
- Ability to come up with good solutions or plans to deal with client lack of data or technology
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in developing predictive models around fraud, risk, or other rare events
- Experience in cloud AI environments such as Databricks, Azure ML, or AWS Sagemaker
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $160,000 to $210,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good event
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.