We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group's Transit Data practice is hiring a Transit Data Analyst to join their team. It is preferred that this position be located in Seattle, WA, but other locations will be considered.
This team focuses on helping transit agencies manage their data, provide high-quality real-time information to passengers, analyze service quality, and measure performance.
The Transit Data Team has been working closely with many agencies to plan for, design, procure, implement, maintain, and test their passenger information and analytics systems. This includes experience with King County Metro (Seattle), Community Transit (Everett), TransLink (Vancouver), RTD (Denver), MBTA (Boston), Los Angeles Metro, and others.
A Little About Our Products:
The Transit Data Team provides the following software systems to transit agencies:
- TRANSIT-alerts: manage all of a region's or agency’s service alerts (delays, cancellations, etc.)
- TRANSIT-realtime: manage all of a region’s or agency’s real-time prediction and vehicle location data
- TRANSIT-data-tools: manage and edit all of a region’s or agency’s GTFS data
- TRANSIT-routing: OpenTripPlanner-based system for planning multi-modal trips
- TRANSIT-performance: analyze transit service and measure performance in real-time
- TRANSIT-dashboards: visualize transit service statistics and metrics
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Setup, configure, and manage TRANSIT-alerts/-realtime systems:
- Configure systems to meet client’s preferences
- Perform manual QA and/or write scripts to automate QA procedures
- Identify root cause of bugs and propose bug fixes
- Create and revise internal and customer documentation
- Create requirements for new software features
- Periodic scheduled after-hours support and occasional emergency after-hours support
Things you may work on in the future:
- Transition to a more client-facing role as a deputy project manager
- Scheduled and ad-hoc client meetings to discuss project progress, upcoming tasks, etc.
- Coordinate configuration and customization requests
- Conduct user training
- Set up, configure, and manage TRANSIT-data-tools, TRANSIT-routing, TRANSIT- performance, and/or TRANSIT-dashboards
- Plan, design, implement, and test technology systems that:
- Provide high-quality real-time information to transit passengers. This includes systems that interface with vehicle tracking systems, generate predictions, generate service alerts, and provide them to passengers via a variety of channels and data feeds.
- Analyze service and measure performance based on real-time and archival data. This includes assessing the quality of service provided to and experienced by transit passengers.
You'll need to have:
- Interest in public transit, including transit data
- Experience with software programming concepts (any language)
- Curiosity to understand how systems work and identify/solve problems
- Attention to detail and ability to balance priorities and multiple projects
- Interest in developing new skills and excitement for new challenges
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with GTFS or GTFS-realtime formatted data
- Experience with databases and writing SQL scripts
- Familiarity with transit operations
IBI Group has adopted a work-from-home model during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once we return to the office, all members of this team will likely be in the office on the same 1-3 days per week, but candidates who prefer to work fully remote will be considered.
Located on the 10th floor of 801 Second Avenue, in the historic Norton Building with sweeping views of Puget Sound to the West and Mount Rainier to the South, IBI Group’s Seattle office is situated in the heart of downtown Seattle.
Seattle is known for its eclectic and energetic feel, with a wide range of neighborhoods that boasts: fine dining to trendy eateries, eye-catching art galleries and museums, and a walk on the beach a stone throw away – there’s something for everyone! The variety of transportation options makes getting around town a snap. Choose from Metro Buses, Link Light Rail or the Sounder Train. Seattle’s got you covered! Home of major tech companies like Amazon, Microsoft, and Expedia, Seattle is a leader in technology of the future – a true Smart City.
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. The floors are open concept and creative and represent our collaborative approach to projects. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB