Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, Washington, D.C. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.Job Intro
The Data Platform team is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to design and develop ML data pipelines using the latest ML technologies for structured, unstructured data and images. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing and developing scalable, quality solutions for the ML platform. In this role, you will be closely collaborating with Quantitative Scientists, DevOps and product, driving efficiency and scalability of the ML product delivery.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company, and be a part of a team of colleagues accomplished in diverse engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the healthcare and life science space.Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for building, improving and maintaining ML platform infrastructure, data systems and tools that are used in our ML processing pipelines.
- Build quality, scalable, resilient, observable solutions in the Cloud
- Collaborate cross-functionally to successfully deliver projects that further our tech stack and our systems.
- Responsible for the development of automation across our tech stack to make our company scalable.
- Design and develop processes for ML data pipelines using the latest technologies.
- Drive data quality across our ML pipelines, and implement system controls for managing data quality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with software engineering, having experience with a Cloud provider (preferably AWS) & Big Data architecture.
- Skills like data pipelines, ETL, data warehousing, workflow systems, etc. Big data technologies like Spark, AWS Redshift, DataBricks, Delta Lake, Unity Catalog etc.
- Orchestration: Airflow, MWAA
- Automation: CI/CD, GitHub actions
- Knowledge of Python
- Familiar with ML flow lifecycle
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience in the healthcare / life sciences industry.
- DevSecOps experience in a cloud environment.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience with machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with serverless architecture
- Experience with NLP and Image ML processing
- Knowledge of ML Platforms (s.a. SageMaker, DataBricks)
- Passion for healthcare and improving patient outcomes
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 70% of family
- Plus an additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Verana Health is committed to complying with all applicable pay transparency laws and supports equitable pay practices. We pay based on a market-based approach, supported with robust data and in alignment with the compensation of our existing team. We construct our compensation ranges based on the US national average but your pay may vary depending on your location and the cost of living index for that geographic area. In determining an offer, base salary will also be based on experience, qualifications, skills and market conditions.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.
National Pay Range