Data Engineering Graduate Programme
The demand for Data Engineers has never been greater! Driven by the pressing needs for businesses to make data-driven decisions, FDM is seeking the next generation of specialists to join our Data Engineering Graduate Programme and fast track their way to senior roles.
On the FDM Data Engineering Programme, you will undergo industry recognised training before putting that into practice by working on projects with one of our industry leading clients. This programme will provide you with multiple future career opportunities ranging from Data Engineer to more specified roles such as Data Scientist.
Our programme recognises that Data Engineers are Software Engineers who specialise in handling large volumes of data from a variety of sources and in a variety of formats. Making sense of this data is critical for making intelligent and informed decisions and is predicated on building data pipelines capable of handling the volumes and velocity at which this data is generated. Our Data Engineers help organisations build these data pipelines using core programming languages (Python) and concepts (OOP), technologies and frameworks such as the Hadoop framework.
Through our programme you’ll be equipped with knowledge and skills in the Hadoop framework and ancillary technologies, the ability to design and create scalable data-centric solutions in the form of data pipelines with the potential to process huge databases. This will provide you with a strong foundation upon which you can build a diverse and successful career.
- Degree level qualification (2:2 or higher)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology
- Commitment to at least two years of further employment with FDM upon completion of training period
- The right to work in the UK
What we offer you
- Provides a foundation in Python programming and other frameworks and technologies
- Training is provided by industry experts, covering both technical and professional skills, to ensure you are job-ready
- Ongoing career support throughout your entire FDM journey including continued professional development, mentoring and networking events
- Chance to launch a career in one of the most in-demand tech fields
- A full-time contract with a salary from day 1 of training
Our people are our passion and that's why we make your training and career growth our priority. We are a global professional services provider focusing on IT and one of the UK's leading graduate employers, recruiting the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and nearly 5000 consultants currently placed on client site around the world, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Diversity and Inclusion
FDM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.