Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Get To Know The Opportunity
The data focused business solution consultant role supports the Business by working with data owners, data engineering and data architecture teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs as they relate to the business data requirements. You will use your knowledge of the data discipline to work between the business and data teams to ensure requirements and capability desires are well documented, understood and agreed upon.The Contributions You'll Make
Minimum Knowledge And Experience
- Develop software with SDLC methodology.
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of system of moderate size/complexity with a fast turn-around.
- Providing guidance and support for the design, development, and implementation of automated processes.
- Conduct and assist in unit, load, performance, and integration testing.
- Participate in project planning and release management. Apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the software development process.
- Analyzing, defining and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls and outputs.
- Assist QA team in preparation of test plan & test cases.
- Consult with clients in various review processes i.e. business requirements, test plans, design reviews, etc. to gain a solid understanding of the application and provide input into the various deliverables.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team.
- Own and develop relationships with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration.
Compensation Pay Disclosure
- 6 - 10 years of IT experience with a focus on Business analysis
- Write clear and well-structured business requirements/documents
- Understanding of data management concepts including Data Quality, Data Lineage, Metadata Management etc
- Understanding/knowledge of conceptual, physical and logical data models.
- Understanding about Party and Product domain in financial services industry.
- Must have experience in RDBMS systems including data modeling, table structures, views and procedures etc.
- Must have working experience in Azure platform.
- Experience in technology like SQL, ETL, HSQL, Unix scripting etc.
- Experience in analysis & design the data flow between multiple systems. And writing the data mapping for the same.
- Experience in use of tools such as: Putty, Toad/SQL Developer, ER Studio, Informatica, Hue etc.
- Researching, reproducing, troubleshooting, and solving challenging data issues associated with data movement across an enterprise.
- Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Identify specific business opportunities
- Test business processes and recommend improvements
- Convert roadmap features into smaller user stories
- Identify automation opportunities
- Create reports, dashboards and visualizations to understand business performance
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
- Communicate and validate requirements with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to research, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve challenging technical issues
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work in agile environment and fill different roles within the team
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Good to have but not necessary abilities:
- Working experience with complex & Hybrid data model.
- Working experience with programing language such as PL/SQL, JAVA, Phython.
- Working experience with data lake & data stage environment.
- Good have knowledge on Master data management tool and concept.
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
$91,660 - $144,230 USDBe Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.What We Offer
Learn More About Voya Benefits (download PDF)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
Learn More About Critical Skills
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities.
Misuse of Voya's name in fraud schemes