At MoneyPlus you’ll be joining a firm that will strive to support you and help you achieve your goals and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally, but we’ll ensure you have fun along the way.
Why do we need you?
The Junior Data Engineer will be an integral part of the MI & Data Team within MoneyPlus. They will be involved in all aspects of data collection, cleansing, processing, and ensuring the quality and availability of data throughout the business. They will be responsible for developing reliable data pipelines to deploy data models into production.
What’s in it for you?
Working at MoneyPlus, you’ll have access to;
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies, constantly striving to achieve more and support our customers and people.
- We are Investors in People Gold accredited, meaning that we take people practices and development seriously.
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone. With regular fun activities and ‘dress down Fridays’. we’re always looking to deliver more for our local community.
- Work perks a plenty, from a Medicash health plan – inclusive of 24/7 access to mental health support, everyday healthcare and treatments, cashback on glasses and more, to company-wide freebies, discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership.
- Our very own on-site café with delicious curated weekly menus, serving subsidised meals. We also have a central tea point where you can top up on tea, coffee, and fresh fruit anytime. Free healthy breakfast is offered throughout the week.
- We are situated at a riverside office location close to the city centre with excellent transport links. We are a 2-minute walk away from buses to the centre, only a 7-minute walk away from Spinningfields and a 15-minute walk to St Peters square Metrolink or Piccadilly gardens.
- A highly positive, fun, and synergetic company culture with seasonal social events, and celebrations and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
What do we need from you?
- Implement scalable and reliable data engineering solutions and ETL processes for moving data efficiently across systems in near real-time and batch,
- Source raw and structured data through API integration and automated web crawls,
- Willingness to work in a research capacity – to find, test and review proposed innovative technologies and solutions,
- Set up and maintain cloud-based data warehousing solutions using modern infrastructure such as Amazon Redshift,
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the company’s data estate,
- Provide support for analysts and system developers to build bespoke database solutions and data marts,
- Help develop and maintain MoneyPlus’ business glossary and data catalogues.
What behaviours do we need you to have?
- Full UK working rights
- A passion for data, staying up to date with the latest technology and trends in the field
- Good diligence, placing a high value on data integrity, information governance and adherence to process
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workloads
- Able to effectively communicate complex information to all levels of stakeholders
- Initiative-taking, outgoing self-starter who is highly motivated to achieve and exceed targets
- Capable of building trusted and confidential relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Embracing and embodying MoneyPlus’ values– Be human, Work Together, and Dream Big.
What experience do you need?
- Strong first-hand experience with database technologies (T-SQL, MySQL)
- Experience within ETL process development
- Proficient in Data Modelling
- Experience working with big data
- Good understanding of modern code development practices
- Cloud experience such as AWS / Azure
- Experience of acquisition of raw data through API integration
- Strong experience administering mission critical database environments
Are you ready to join us?
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest and most trusted financial solutions companies and with over 20 years’ experience, we’re firmly established in the sector. We strongly believe in providing the best quality advice and will go out of our way to do so. We need you to help us achieve our goals, are you ready to join us?