At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help continue to build and innovate our next generation of data-driven applications. You will be part of our Analytics group which powers the reporting, business intelligence, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and other data-powered features within Kibo’s software.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Build, improve, and support data pipelines to deliver high quality and timely data to live applications, machine learning models, forecasting, data warehouses, and data lakes
- Analyze and connect data from multiple sources and integrate into a unified data model.
- Collaborate with and learn from a like-minded group of data engineers, data scientists, and other data professionals
- Mentor junior engineers through code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and writing quality code
- Discover, understand, and apply cutting-edge data engineering technologies to solve business problems
- Assist product management and engineering in building full-featured products
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent understanding
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience with Python. Must demonstrate fluency.
- Experience with SQL. Must demonstrate fluency.
- Hands on experience with Apache Spark
- Hands on experience with low latency streaming data in a cloud platform
- Familiarity with software engineering concepts like object-oriented design, software testing, and development lifecycles
- Experience with cloud-based MPP data warehouses such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience preferred