- Join Australia’s pioneering retail media organisation where there is ample opportunity to develop and grow
- Contribute to new initiatives, in an inclusive culture of growth & innovation
- Work as part of a collaborative, fast-growing data engineering team
Cartology is the Woolworths Group’s new stand-alone retail media business. Customer behaviour is changing. They have more choices than ever before – both in the way they shop, and how they consume media. With all this choice, it’s making it harder for marketers to reach audiences at scale and grab their attention. Cartology delivers data-led marketing solutions, putting insights and customers at the heart of everything we do.
By combining our rich customer knowledge with our diverse media channels we can make sure products are being shown to the right customers, at the right place, at exactly the right time. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
We are currently in a scale-up phase with significant further growth ahead, Cartology leverages the best of the Woolworths group expertise while creating its own distinct offering and culture.What You’ll Do
Cartology is seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts to build market-leading data products and services. Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager, you will be vital in designing, building, and maintaining our data products, pipelines, and infrastructure.
This role will work on a number of new initiatives, working on projects from end to end, and play a key role in setting up best practices within Data Engineering at Cartology.
What You’ll Bring
- Design and Deliver Data Infrastructure and solutions in GCP, including data models, ETL pipelines, and warehousing using various tools e.g. dbt, Bigquery, Looker, Dataflow, Fivetran, Cloud Composer etc.
- Ensure innovation, continuous improvement, maintainability, supportability and performance of the shared data platform.
- Implement and maintain best practices for data governance, security, quality, and integrity for all data assets.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data engineering processes, workflows, and solutions.
- Support data analysis and reporting activities through data tooling, data access patterns, data visualisation, query, and report optimisation
As Cartology continues to grow and develop our data capabilities, we are looking for someone who is a keen learner and curious about new technological innovations and experimentation.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer, with proven ability to own and drive solution delivery and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams to deliver projects and business goals.
What You’ll Experience
- Advanced SQL and data modelling skills with demonstrated success in designing and building complex data infrastructure and pipelines
- Experience building meaningful dashboards in a modern BI tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc)
- Proven experience building ETL pipelines and modelling data for both BI and Data Product consumption.
- Technical understanding of modern cloud based data warehousing e.g BigQuery, Snowflake etc.
- Experience working with large volumes of data and transforming it for optimal business use.
Endless possibilities with Woolworths Group
- Our Team Members are at the heart of everything we do and we’re always looking for ways to support your career journey and reward great work:
- A truly unique opportunity to be involved in creating, shaping and leading the new retail media industry.
- Team discounts across our range of Woolworths Group brands you know and love and a robust rewards program that celebrates and incentivises purpose-driven work.
- Feel supported and empowered by your leaders
- A range of programs to help you prioritise and manage your wellbeing, including 24/7 access to the Sonder app.
- A progressive and competitive leave policy that gives you more space for what matters to you.
We’re a proud part of the Woolworths Group – 200,000+ bright minds, passionate hearts and unique perspectives working together connected by a shared Purpose – ‘to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow.’
Here you’ll be supported and empowered to explore new ideas, make brave commitments and innovate better ways to meet the food and everyday needs of more than 24 million customers every week. Backed by a culture of genuine care, a flexible approach to work and the support to grow your career and make a meaningful impact, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team’s diversity brings to our business, customers, and communities and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems. As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best selves, and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply; please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180. #Hybrid
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.