remote (you must be eligible to work in Germany)
How can we change the world to make individualized marketing both relevant and impactful? With your help! At Segment of One, we are on a mission to understand individual consumer behaviour to create result-oriented marketing applications. To do so we have assembled a talented team, united in making promotions speak to the individual consumer. If you are interested in this vision and are excited about how data and machine learning can help us get there, you will love Segment of One.
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join our skilled R&D team in order to evolve our proprietary engine for generating highly personalized advertising promotions, serving a large number of users. As part of an agile, cross-functional team, your objective is to build a scalable and highly automated machine learning platform by contributing to our complete software stack: including APIs, ML pipelines and our ML infrastructure.
You will be given responsibility and autonomy on how best to achieve this objective and collaborate with a cross-functional team of software developers, machine learning engineers, DevOps, and product managers who will support you. This role is crucial to help scale our vision of making marketing relevant and impactful!
- Work as part of a cross-functional team using agile software development methodology
- Be at the heart of our high-performance machine learning microservices architecture as a backend developer
- Create event-based microservices written in Go or Python deployed on Kubernetes
- Create data and machine learning pipelines in Python and running on Kubeflow
- Design technical solutions for new product features with a focus on automation, scalability & observability
- Directly work with our machine learning and data science teams and have the opportunity to learn and apply machine learning and data science concepts
- Continuous delivery and automation of machine learning pipelines (MLOPs)
Great if you also have:
- Fluency with Python and good knowledge of SQL
- Excellent core computer science and algorithms knowledge
- Focus on software craftsmanship with the ability to write testable and maintainable code
- Excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Spark or Apache Hive
- Experience with high throughput, 24/7 availability systems
- Familiarity with designing event-based, cloud-native applications with Kubernetes
- Experience with workflow systems like Apache Airflow or Argo Pipelines
- Understanding of distributed systems, microservice architecture, concurrent programming
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with task orchestration tools (e.g. Kubeflow, Airflow, Luigi)
- Machine learning and models life cycle management (MLOPs)
We offer our employees unique learning opportunities and the chance to take on important projects from day one together with:
- A highly energetic environment and smart colleagues who will help you accelerate your professional growth
- Fully remote team - Freedom to work when and where you want
- Autonomy to shape your role and significantly impact the company’s direction and future
- Above market salary and team performance-based bonus
- 30 vacation days
- Work as a member of a cross-functional product team
- Utilize a modern tech-stack: incl. Python, Go, Tensorflow/Pytorch, Google Cloud Platform
Our headquarters may be in Berlin, but you will find our team members working from home, from their favourite cafe, from their balconies, from Munich, Valencia, Madrid or South of France - pretty much anywhere they want. But despite being geographically spread, we are strategically united in changing the price-promotion game for good. We work in small teams with fast feedback loops, which enables us to “get stuff done” and work on challenging problems. Because our team comes from all over the world, our company language is English, (but you might hear the odd German, Russian or Spanish conversation).
At Segment of One, we keep the office environment alive in remote locations by meeting for a virtual coffee and meeting up at exciting offsite locations across Europe every six weeks (in normal times).
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or background.
By submitting your resumé and application information, you authorize Segment of One to transmit and store your information in the Segment of One recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies within Segment of One.