Create a better tomorrow with us.
Siemens is looking for an Apprentice who will be trained in 2 years as a Junior Data Scientist located in Milan.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the everyday in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible?
Do you want to be empowered to create solutions that have an impact on daily life?
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitalization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. What is your role in this? Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Be bold when others would have given up. In short, play a key role in driving digitalization forward! We’ll provide the resources you need to do this. We also offer a variety of opportunities to get involved and to be part of a global network of IT experts and professionals. Welcome to our world!
Join our apprenticeship now and lay the foundation for your successful career in Siemens.
Your problem-solving mindset creates real business value. This is your role. Using your expertise, you will:
- Be part of an international team of data scientists and machine learning engineer with diverse backgrounds, utilizing AI and data analytics methods to accelerate Siemens internal digitalization
- Interact regularly with internal customers across Siemens as project responsible and assist them in making business decisions
- Support the full application lifecycle starting with first ideation workshops over successful prototypes until the go live of an enterprise-ready application
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solve complex business problems by utilizing predictive modeling, machine learning, recommendation engine or other advanced statistical models
What you need to bring with you
- Be partner of diverse groups within Siemens, e.g., business, technology, information security, finance, risk, law, and compliance
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics)
- You have some insights into cloud solution architecture, software development & engineering and have knowledge in gitlab and CI/CD
- Understanding of big data analytics (e.g., AWS-based landscapes, snowflake) and knowledge of azure ML is a plus
- You may have experience of how to deploy, monitor and improve ML applications in production
- Understanding of software modeling skills combined with strategic thinking and a clear customer-oriented communication form part of your profile.
- Ability to understand technical concepts
- Experience with agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Eligibility to work in Italy and availability to be in Milan
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the bold spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Innovative tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
Address us the desired working conditions/ environment that will lift your efficiency. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to tell us if a more flexible arrangement would better enable you to take up this opportunity!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Contacts
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!