[[cust_CareersBrand]] Hawthorn East
Requisition ID: 39416
Employment Type: Full time
Good things start here
Hi, we’re Coles Group. We’re on a mission to sustainably feed all Australians to help them live healthier, happier lives.
About the role
This exciting, and newly created, opportunity will see you join the Digital Engineering Team, part of the wider Corporate Systems Technology Division. Our focus is on reinventing and transforming the shopping experience to best suit our customers' needs and make their lives easier. We look ahead to continuously assess how we can apply the latest technologies in innovative ways to constantly improve our costumer experience.
As part of the broader Digital Team, Corporate Systems are responsible for the development and support of applications across multiple enterprise platforms including Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Risk, Safety and Legal.
Corporate Systems plays an integral role in some key initiatives including SAP implementations, increasing cloud capability and digitising multiple manually intensive processes.
In this role you are the catalyst for supporting and creating new ways in offering services and solutions through Power BI, reporting, and data visualisations to key business units and stakeholders across the Coles business.
What you'll be doing
The Engineering Teams for the Corporate Systems Platform are accountable for delivering the technology components required to support business initiatives.
As the Data Engineer – Power BI you are the SME in offering ongoing change, advice and support across current and new reporting initiatives and driving new ways in using Power BI solutions and services across the organisation.
You will bring commercial proficiency in building interfaces, dashboards and offering complex data visualisation working with Power BI.
- Create and customise Power BI dashboards to present clear and easily interpretable data to enable stakeholders to identify anomalies and trends.
- Deploy and debug dashboards as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand desired outcomes and how we can help and add value.
- Continuously contribute to improvement initiatives (both process and technical).
- Provide new and innovative strategies and processes to the organisation to better manage and utilised the Power BI platform.
Good things you'll need
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Data Engineer with experience in managing key reporting initiatives and solutions through Power BI. You will have previously built, managed, and supported a similar practice environment working across a large and complex business environment.
You are an SME in your field, developing and designing high level reporting solutions and are proficient in delivering end-to-end projects in setting up new services across the Power BI Platfrom.
You'll also need:
- Hands on experience working with DAX and awareness of M language.
- Experience with MS SQL essential.
- Experience in building interfaces and dashboards, including complex visualizations in PowerBI.
- Commercial knowhow with data security in PowerBI.
- Proficient using Microsoft Power Apps Development and combining Power Apps, Power Automate (Flows) & Power BI.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts including ETL mechanisms.
- Relevant experience across Cloud Technologies (highly regarded).
- Exposure to Data Factory, Databricks, and Snowflake (highly regarded).
We’re looking for a team player with a growth mindset, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty in the technical solutions. This role is for a polyglot technologist who has broad knowledge, paired with deep/extensive PowerBI experience. You are a good communicator as you’ll be bridging the gap between technology and business and be working with different squads to achieve a common goal.
Given the state/ territory of the position you are applying for, and to enable Coles to provide a safe environment for its team members, there may be a requirement for you to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before commencing work for Coles, unless you are medically exempt. Given this, you will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment with Coles. You may be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status as part of your application.
Join a big team, get big benefits. You can look forward to great discounts across all our supermarkets and brands, and even a chance to taste-test new products. You’re also stepping into a culture that truly values what you do and celebrates your success. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Coles Group – Work180 Endorsed Employer
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
Keen as a bean? Just lettuce know
If you like the sound of us (and our corny food puns), then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!