As a member of the Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics team, you will work closely with our data scientists and translators, translating complex model outputs into actionable insights. This includes understanding, identifying and wrangling data from source systems, applying your statistical knowledge to analyze data, and building tools to translate and display AI insights to our business leaders. Your expertise will empower us to make data-driven decisions. If you're ready to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to apply and be a part of our innovative journey.
What You Will Do
- Provide consulting to data analysts (DAs) on data analysis; review analytical reports and ensuring accuracy, interpretability, and evaluating statistical/analytical approach
- Oversee the governance of transformed data as it relates to PII and other data security considerations
- Create data test plans founded in statistics and support the team with implementing them
- Support Data Engineers (DE) by helping to identify and wrangle data from source systems
- Support Data Scientists (DS) with data analysis that is founded in statistical methods
- Provide other data analysis as directed by the Product Owner (PO)
- Develop Python and SQL code to translate AI output into an end-user-friendly output
- Support project planning by providing effort estimates and consulting on DA assignments and availability
- Support the Manager, Data Analytics with data governance considerations through the data lifecycle (exploration, analysis, prep, and visualization)
- Review all DA documentation related to AIA use cases (5i deliverables)
- Support the Translator/PO by being the first reviewer on all DAs deliverables that relate to business SME consultation
- Review planned presentations and provide coaching on informal presentation approaches
- Support the translator with planning, analysis, and visualization related to value realization of use cases
- Create documentation to support all of the above activities
- Consult with business SMEs to:
- Identify and gather data documentation
- Produce data documentation on direction from the PO
- Understand the business requirements and considerations for the data
- Provide informal presentations to stakeholders on any of the above accountabilities
- Support translators with the understanding of business objectives, and identify key drivers of business outcomes from data
- Work with DS and Translators to design the end data product that will be visualized (transform the AI output to complete the data pipeline)
- Work with stakeholders to understand data and visualization requirements for a variety of internal and external projects
- Develop / review PowerBI dashboard development to ensure it is meeting established BI governance requirements and end user needs
What You Will Bring
- A degree in Statistics or equivalent experience implementing advanced statistics to solve business problems
- 5 years experience bringing value from data
- Formal or informal people leadership experience in a data analysis role (supervising, training, coaching and/or mentoring)
- Proficiency in Azure, Databricks, Power BI, Python, and/or SQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A strong foundation in research methods would be an asset
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, Winnipeg, London.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted