Description and Requirements
The BMC Innovation Labs brings together customers, partners, and employees to accelerate the development of new and relevant solutions that create value. Our goal with our innovation labs team is to harness new ideas, to anticipate and act on market changes by:
Fostering innovation by creating spaces for experimentation
- Advancing ideas that generate disruptive technologies
- Accelerating prototyping and development of new capabilities
It is through this collaborative environment that we explore how new technologies can be leveraged to bring market differentiating value to customers through our next generation solutions. We help clients pivot from thinking digital to being digital at the core.
What we are looking for:
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feels and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider an opportunity with BMC Innovation Labs.
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities:
Be partly responsible for design and beginning-to-end execution of BMC Data Science projects including interpreting business need, munging/wrangling data, developing and validating predictive models, and deploying completed solutions
- Help to build out the Innovation Labs prototypes using a variety of programming languages.
- Support BMCs Innovation Labs and its adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions
- Develop advanced quantitative models using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments.
- Provide expertise for analytical, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
- Perform multiple forms of advanced analyses, sustainment, optimization, text analytics, machine learning, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
- Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models through various relevant error metrics and calibration techniques.
- Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets.
- Design algorithms that require a number of different models/methods to be used in an ensemble.
- Deploy models into production.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science
- 1+ years of experience in developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models.
- 1+ years of experience developing software applications using either Java, Golang, Python or any other modern programming language.
- 1+ years’ experience specifically with Python
- 6+ months of modeling experience using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- 1+ years of experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming.
Nice to have experience
- Experience in Container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, etc.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with AWS / Google Cloud or Azure
- Participation in product development lifecycle of software products a plus
- Experience in message bus technologies such as Kafka, MQTT, ZeroMQ
- Enterprise software development practices
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.