Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Passionate about using machine learning for mobile photography? This is your opportunity to work with a team that will be changing the camera industry. Adobe's EPG (Emerging Product Group) led by VP and Fellow Marc Levoy, is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist/Engineer to join our team in San Jose, California. You will be a member of the core team that is exploring next-generation product opportunities centered around the concept of a universal software-defined camera empowered by machine learning, computer vision, and computational photography. If successful it will grow to become a technology platform across the Adobe ecosystem, with the opportunity for broad impact. Publication is allowed and encouraged, especially when validated by product impact.
What You'll Do
What you need to succeed
- This team will work like a startup inside Adobe, making this an outstanding best of both worlds opportunity. If you love having the creative flexibility and personal impact of joining a startup, but also dream of having the rich resources, cool perks, and global launch stage that only an industry leader like Adobe can offer.
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of this product while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this product.
- Research and develop machine learning prototypes to solve real-world problems and make direct contributions to product development.
- As a specialist in machine learning theory and applications in the imaging domain, you will provide critical analysis and potential improvements in these areas within the company. You’ll advocate adoption of new technologies and standards to the broader Adobe developer community
- Advocate adoption of new technologies and standards to the broader Adobe developer community.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science Electrical Engineering, or related technical fields.
- 0-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong expertise in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Computational Photography, Compiler, etc.
- Strong passion for algorithm prototyping.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C/C++.
- Extensive experience of solving exciting real-world problems using machine learning techniques.
- Ability to work independently and strong interpersonal skills within and across teams.
- Be an entrepreneur: It’s about making ideas happen; predict the future by inventing it.
- Interest in consumer cameras and photography is a bonus.