Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company , where the Amazon’s Tax Technology team follows suit in the delivery and build of scalable solutions, supporting our Indirect Tax function. The Tax Technology function delivers sophisticated and innovative solutions that drive efficiency through process automation and analytical thinking.
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities across both technology and business engagement for the tax technology organization
Key job responsibilities
- Contribute to the delivery of the indirect tax technology projects – taking ownership for smaller projects/components of larger projects, as well as supporting project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners.
- Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of large international, multi-functional data sets.
- Work with customer teams to identify improvements in efficiency and controllership for their current data processes, further upskilling them on the utilization of the designed reporting and functionality in their processes.
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data sets as to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues for customers.
- Explaining financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon globally.
- Relevant BS degree in Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Econometrix ,Accounting, Tax, Finance or related field.
- Working knowledge of SQL, as used for data analysis
- Experience either in tax, accounting, finance or related field
- Experience with indirect VAT and/or GST or revenue accounting.
- Experience in the usage of Python
- Experience in the delivery of projects and programs across multiple teams.
- Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Experience with large data sets, data reconciliation, and/or data investigation.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).Company
- Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2186659