This is a remote position!
Our company is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can’t survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique & proprietary lending marketplace, today our company is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns.
We are a VC funded Fintech company backed by Techstars, and have partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience who will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining our data environment, including data warehousing, ETL pipelines, and a BI tool. This role will support our lead data scientist, software developers and data analysts on all data initiatives and must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The ideal candidate is a proven self starter who will be excited by the opportunity to take ownership of our company’s data architecture and support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Architect, implement, and maintain a comprehensive data environment including data warehousing, ETL pipelines and a BI tool
- Co-own the data quality roadmap, continuously improving data reliability, efficiency, quality, and usability
- Contribute to production database design
- This is an individual contributor role with strong potential of a transition into management
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field. (MS a plus)
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining a data warehouse (with a tool such as Redshift)
- Experience implementing and administering a BI tool (such as Looker or Tableau)
- Proficiency in SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python, Go, or equivalent language for backend service development.
- Familiarity with AWS strongly preferred
- Ability to take vague requirements and transform them into concise deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, working independently or collaboratively, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with financial data is a plus
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Healthcare Benefits
- Remote Option