Post Doc - Data Scientist-207124
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
Take responsibility as a Post Doc and combine your scientific expertise in natural sciences with your experience in data science to strengthen our Pharmaceutical Development Biologicals Department in Biberach an der Riß.
You work with real-life data from our development projects and use your advanced data analytics skills to make a change. You establish a platform to analyze a vast amount of image data or model manufacturing process steps. Thereby you provide important tools for our business.This position is limited for 2 years.Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "Post Doc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your role as Post Doc, you support the implementation of advanced data analytics in industry.
- Thanks to your expertise, you analyze large amounts of (image) data and develop methods for image classification.
- In addition, you support the set-up of image database and ensure the delivery of high quality data (data visualization and storytelling), presentations and reports including peer-reviewed external publications.
- You ensure an excellent communication to stakeholders and cooperation with interfaces (e.g. Research, Drug Substance Development, Analytical Development, IT) or externally with third party companies and universities.
- You contribute to team capability development, process improvements and the `BI safe` concept.
- PhD in bioinformatics, (bio-)physics, engineering (life science) or biological sciences
- Working experience in data engineering, and processing of microscopic images or modelling of industrial processes
- Strong background in advanced data analytics, machine learning and predictive modelling, experience in deep learning methods is a plus
- Robust coding skills (R, Python, Matlab)
- Proven track record of research achievements
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and ability to identify problems and work towards solutions
- Excellent oral communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in English
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
Job - Research & DevelopmentPrimary Location - Europe-DE-Baden Wuerttemberg-BiberachOrganization - DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)Schedule - Full-time