A t STG, we always encourage you to craft the career that makes you more.
Working for one of our world-class brands means being part of a great working environment and collaborating with people from all corners of the world on a product you are proud of.Summary
We are looking to strengthen our Global data and insights team with a Cloud Data Engineer.
As a Cloud data engineer, you will be responsible for developing the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data. You will, among other things, architect, design, and implement individual cloud data hub components in close collaboration with your colleagues in the team. You will be joining a diverse team and you’ll be based in Copenhagen. What can you expect in as a Cloud Data Engineer at Scandinavian Tobacco Group?
In Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG), we are incredibly excited to embark on a digital transformation journey from fragmented local BI environments to a corporate-wide cloud data hub supporting self-service. We are now accelerating our cloud-native initiative leveraging the power of the Microsoft Azure ecosystem to offer new-generation functionality and services to our clients globally.Your Primary Tasks Will Include The Following
Your areas of knowledge and expertise (that matter the most for this role):
- Engineering individual cloud data hub components as per solution design
- Developing and maintaining cloud pipelines for data processing, management, and transitioning
- Writing and maintaining secure, robust, scalable, and efficient code that turns business concepts into tangible solutions
- Ensuring the quality of the solution by implementing manual and automated unit and integration test
- Responding to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Driving engineering best practices like Automation, CI/CD, and maintainability
- Participating in Agile ceremonies, e.g., sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives, and demos
- Setting and maintaining high standards of quality in the team.
More Specifically, We Expect You To Have a Successful Track Record In Most Of The Following Areas
You are a pragmatic data engineer with solid hands-on skills within Azure data components.
- Architecting and developing enterprise-level cloud-native data platforms in Azure
- Experience with Azure data components ecosystem, e.g., Synapse, Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks
- OLAP modeling and data warehouse design, e.g., Kimball
- Fluent in English
Furthermore, one or more of the following skills will be considered an advantage:
What happens next?
- Agile and time-boxed development principles, e.g., XP, Scrum
- Experience with CluedIn
- Building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Writing unit and integration tests for stored procedures and data transformation pipelines
“Craft nods to what we create, the passion we put into our everyday work, and the dedication that makes us committed.”
- You Apply - Join a world-leading manufacturer of cigars and pipe tobacco
- We carefully review your application (over a nice cup of coffee). The important thing to know is that we process applications on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- If we are a match, you’ll receive an email or a call from our HR team
- And a final note for you to know - We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
As a valued member of our team, you will experience that life at STG is more than a job; it is a career journey that makes you more.And, Because We Understand That “more” Means Different Things To Different People, Through
More talented. More global-minded. More connected. More of a team player. More you.
Freedom to operate, a fast-paced, ambitious global journey, a purpose and product to be proud and a culture of trust and balance.
Whatever your “more” may be, we encourage you to always strive for it. Giving you the freedom to craft the career that makes you more.