We’re looking for a senior data scientist to drive our data science and analytics group forward! You’ll be joining a group of curious, smart, technically minded yet business savvy data scientists and analysts looking to make a difference to the company by designing and building out our data decisioning capabilities from the ground up!
As a senior data scientist, you’ll work collaboratively with our business, operations, analytics, and IT teams. You’ll be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and building out decision making products for our business in the spaces of marketing / lead gen, business operations, and customer retention.Our ideal candidate is excited to join our fast-paced culture and is excited to contribute to our growing data science practice!What we do:
We achieve competitive advantage through data-driven marketing and full management of the customer experience. We’re constantly refining our technology and our strategies, that’s why we’re the industry leader in delivering the best results to the top insurance brands in America.
That’s not just lip service either, we’re consistently awarded partner of the year from brands like AFLAC, Humana, and more. Our work has also been featured on The Dr. Oz Show, Forbes, and Vox - to name a few.What you’ll do:
What we’re looking for:
- Find new and improved ways for us to use data in our products, operations, and business strategies
- Lead new projects and initiatives starting from understanding business to carrying out projects and presenting to stakeholders.
- Design and execute data products in marketing, business operations, and customer retention spaces
- Act as a subject matter expert with all things data
- Work to build out the data science team as we grow
We want people who fit within our Be Real culture. We want a diversity of programmers and writers and designers and data scientists and strategists and more. We’re made up of introverts and extroverts, suits and rebels, corporate types and anti-corporate types. We’re an environment where every person feels their full potential is only limited by their ability to conceive of it and make it happen. Our company grew from entrepreneurial roots but has big company resources to get amazing things done.
- 5+ years of experience in a data science role, building predictive algorithms and data products ideally related to marketing, business operations, or customer retention
- Ability to execute projects from problem formulation to influencing stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as decision forests, logistic regression, k-means clustering, etc.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly and deep understanding of your current business
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with big data platform (i.e. Hadoop)
- Intensely curious – always asking questions and not being OK with the status quo. Obsessed with making things better and more efficient.
- A lifelong learner that is excited to learn new data science technologies and apply those to technologies to our business
- Ability to be objective and follow the facts, cut through noise and create a story with data.
- Strong organizational skills including time and project management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- BS/MS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
EOE, including disability/vets