Reach Beyond!: CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:Simplicity:
Finding the most efficient way in everything we doAgility:
Moving quickly and decisivelyCollaboration:
Working together with candor and transparencyInnovation:
Creating solutions and leading changeOwnership:
Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
CHC Helicopter is searching for a Data Engineer to join our IT organization. The ideal Data Engineer candidate will have a technical understanding and applicable experience in distributed computing, big data, ETL, columnar databases and data visualization. This role will be working cross-functionally with many support teams including IT, Finance, Legal, Operations, Engineering, etc.
Will develop and maintain database solutions with a focus on database development, business intelligence and decision making reporting.
- Will administer all functions in support of the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment including database definitions, structures, documentation, data standards, software upgrades, security, backup & recovery, and performance optimization/tuning.
- Regularly analyzes and ensures that BI/DW systems, schemas, performance and back-end storage meet application software project requirements and data storage capacity requirements.
- Works with a team of users and IT professionals in the development and maintenance of BI/DW systems.
- Utilize SQL SSIS packages for data collection, manipulation and movement (ETL)
- Working within Analytics team to understand business reporting requirements and provide BI development team the necessary data structure to ensure successful implementation of reports
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Please submit your CV in English
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
Qualifications (Education, Qualifications, Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge and operational experience with Microsoft BI/DW tools, technologies and products (SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services)
- Data Warehouse administration
- SQL-Server Database Administration
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Established verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide effective technical solutions to partner teams and customers
- SSIS development and ETL experience
- Application Support background
CHC VALUES AND CULTURE
Simplicity - Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
- Focus on the organization’s “vital few” priorities that will have the greatest impact on business success.
- Focus on the organization’s efforts in streamlining and simplifying work processes and improving efficiency.
- Ensures the removal of barriers to achieving improved results, including the elimination of non-value-added work.
Agility – Moving quickly and decisively
- Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Stays focused and keeps focused during times of uncertainty or change.
- Demonstrates a willingness to embrace new systems, processes, technology, and ideas.
- Seek feedback from mistakes and successes as fodder for continual learning and development.
Collaboration - Working together with candor and transparency
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals.
- Builds relationships across the business.
- Leads authentically to build trust and confidence with those we work with.
Innovation – Creating solutions and leading change
- Generates fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas, and new paradigms that create value in the market.
- Fosters an environment that promotes continuous improvement and quality outcomes.
- Anticipates and identifies changes and develops strategies to capitalise on change.
Ownership - Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
- Takes responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work assigned
- Identifies, elevates and/or anticipates challenges to the deliverables and proposes solutions