Must be a US Citizen, US Resident, or EAD
Position is Contract to Hire after 6 months
Well-funded new start-up has a remote work, contract to hire position open for an experienced Data Engineer.
You will assist in building the Data Engineering vertical and drive the development of the internal data infrastructure. In this role, you will partner with leadership and teams from across the business to build a lasting, scalable infrastructure that the rest of the company will rely on. You will primarily be involved with developing new integrations and data models with the main goal being to remove Engineering from the analytics needs and focus on building and maintaining the pipeline.
Help lead the charge on building out the internal data infrastructure and driving towards insights that lead to step-function improvements in how the company operates
- Own the end-to-end internal data engineering life-cycle including identifying and integrating new data sources, maintaining the health of the data pipelines and data warehouse, and working with stakeholders to model data into useful structures.
- Utilize ETL tooling in connection with data lakes to enable Analyst teams to create their own data viewing.
Need experience in Data Engineer
Data pipeline building and maintaining Architecting diverse / distributed data sources
Industry experience in FinTech, Payments, and or Automotive
5+ years of professional experience as a data engineer.
- 5+ years' experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Significant experience with data lakes architecture.
- 5+ years' experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience working with Kafka or SQS
- Experience working with Snowflake or Redshift.
- Experience with serverless pipelines is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to self-project manage and communicate plans to key stakeholders
- Ability to manage and communicate data infrastructure plans, timelines, roadblocks, and needs to internal clients
- Experience acting as a technical subject matter expert on cross-team initiatives
- Experience in advising leadership at the director level on technical strategy and the team's talent needs.