The Data Analyst will support the Location Services operations team by creating and providing reporting, analytics, and forecasting for major lines of business. Specific duties include analyzing data effectively and communicating results and findings to peers, stakeholders, and management. The desired individual will receive initial direction and carry forward assignments with minimal supervision. This position will work closely with all functions across the organization to provide critical business performance feedback and valuable insights to leadership. The Data Analyst will be located in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis, MN and will have the flexibility of working remotely, with occasional in-office meetings and duties.
- Work hand in hand with senior and executive leadership teams towards continuous improvement of operational processes through data analysis
- Inspire change and rethink existing reporting through creative dashboard design
- Design, produce and manage forecast and capacity models for critical lines of business
- Analyze key performance indicators (KPI’s), identify, interpret and effectively communicate trends in data sets to key stakeholders
- Use statistical methodology to analyze data and effectively communicate results and areas of opportunity to leadership
- Create, maintain and distribute regularly cadenced reporting timely and accurately
- Build rapport and continuously strengthen business relationships to better understand and meet the needs of a fast paced and ever-growing business
- Excellent professional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to problem solve and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and meet deadlines, prioritize workload
- Experience creating dynamic reports that can scale and accommodate multiple business unit viewpoints
- Analytically driven, desire to continually educate themselves
- Efficient time management skills
- Ethical conduct
- Ability to manage and teach/coach
- Excel, SQL, Cosmos DB, Power BI, Outlook and Word
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday thru Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as workload necessitates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Statistics
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Experience with reporting, analytics, finance, or business-related role
- Experience in fast paced startup environments
- BI tool knowledge required
- Project management experience
- Proven track records of meeting deadlines and producing consistent, quality reports
- Proficient working with large data sets
- Proficient understanding of SQL
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Suite tools
- Proficient data visualization skills
- Experience with forecasting and capacity planning
This position is indoors. Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. May be asked to lift approximately 25 lbs. Exposure to moderate noise and light, i.e business office with computers, phone, printers, light foot traffic.
Location Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States