Job ID: 4789
Would you like to play an important role in our journey towards further automation and data driven decision making within Rates trading and sales? We are now looking for a data scientist to take lead on shaping and implementing the future of data driven insights and automation for pricing and risk management within the Rates franchise
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the e-Trading Quants and Data Analysts team. We add value by developing data models and algorithms for quoting, risk management and execution. We provide insights to trading and sales about the profitability of our offering through the use of advanced data analysis methods, as a well as insights to our developers about the performance of the e-Trading platform. As a Data Scientist in e-Trading, you will play a valuable role in shaping the future of data strategy and automation for the Rates franchise.
What you’ll be doing:
• Define new projects together with business stakeholders and other data scientists and analysts within Rates trading and sales.
- Take lead on the development and implementation of new data and automation initiatives within Rates trading.
- Working on complex time-series datasets, creating data and machine learning pipelines for clustering, classification and regression.
- Use your data scientist skills to create insights and present new ideas to trading and sales.
- Take an active part in building out our data foundation and ensure data quality and integrity through efficient, stable and scalable solutions.
You will be joining a team of pro-active and committed colleagues, with a strong sense of ownership, seated on the largest trading floor in Scandinavia. The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
• Have excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and translate business objectives into problems that can be solved by applying data science.
- Are a dedicated team player who can communicate and collaborate with both developers and business stakeholders.
- Are able to see the big picture, yet still have a keen eye for the detail.
- Have a curious mindset, self-driven, innovative and feel motivated by working in a fast paced environment.
Your experience and background:
• A masters degree within the disciplines of Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or any other relevant field.
- Experience with analyzing large data sets and applying both traditional statistical modelling and machine learning practices to provide insights.
- Experience with development and implementation of quantitative or statistical models.
- Preferably have knowledge of Rates trading (FI, Derivatives), but a keen interest, and ability, to learn fast is more important.
- Professional coding skills in Python and strong experience with SQL.
- Familiarity with tech stacks, like Git, Artifactory, Docker, etc. and experience exposing models via APIs is a plus, but not a requirement.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 29/11/2021. Please note that we proceed with potential candidates already during the application period. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Daniel Schiermer, email Daniel.Schiermer@nordea.com
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.