Permanent Full timeLocation:
Aust - VIC Metro
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as “remote” due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
- Lead, inspire and make a difference
- Progressive & agile culture
- Multiple permanent opportunities
Your new role awaits
As NAB Data Hub will enable data sharing across NAB for insights, reporting, advanced analytics and bulk data access, we require passionate and curious Senior Data Engineers to join our teams for the design and delivery of high quality and secure data pipeline solutions that will result in a positive business impact. The Senior Data Engineer will be designing and developing end to end data engineering and BI solutions.
Your key activities will include:
What you will bring:
- Work with business teams to understand the problems that can be solved with data and form solution and data requirements.
- Develop and extend capabilities and data pipelines, turning requirements into functional systems.
- Push the boundaries of automation looking for every opportunity to align activity to continuous delivery using cloud tools and data vault models.
- Promote self-service, working with data producers and consumers to enable others to realise their data ambitions.
- Build it – run it. Take ownership of continual improvement of your code uplifting for performance, effectiveness and to resolve problems.
- Think agile, build iteratively navigating thin slices of delivery to add continual value to users of data.
You will have strong functional knowledge of data pipelines using traditional ETL and more modern big data approaches. You will have hands on experience with:
- Relational operational and analytics databases (Oracle, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, etc)
- Data transformation technology (SQL, Spark, etc) directly and through tools like Informatica
- Programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
- Orchestration tools (Airflow, Control M, etc)
- DevOps tools (Jenkins, Artefactory, etc) and deployment approaches
- Data modelling approaches (Kimball, Data Vault)
- Data (structured to unstructured) in all its forms (fixed, delimited, xml, json, parquet, avro, etc)
- Working in midrange (UNIX) on-premise but mostly cloud based platforms (especially AWS).
Whilst experience in all of these tools is not expected, breadth of capability to be able to bring the right tool to the job is desirable. We’re all about learning new things and skilling up in new tech and approaches both formally and on the job through our Cloud Guild, Data Guild and individual development.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
- Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.