Data Analyst (US experience)
Basildon, Essex (hybrid: 3 days office, 2 days home)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
If you are an agile, committed, and innovative problem solver with great commercial analytical skills, and experience in the US pharmaceutical sphere, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples' lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 160 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Our core behaviours are:
- We act decisively but we never compromise on quality.
- We keep our promises and do as we say.
- We value our heritage and foster an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We reinvest in our future - in our products, our brands, and our people.
- We give back to our communities.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers, and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 300 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, Spain, and South Korea.
We are an agile, committed, and innovative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia's therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
About the role:
Reporting into the Senior Data Insights Manager, as Data Analyst you will have responsibility for building, developing, and maintaining dashboards, covering a wide variety of data sources and performance metrics. Ensuring that data is received and provided in a timely manner, you will work closely with global commercial teams to drive analytics and influence commercial strategies and decisions based on the data. You will have responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data, reports and dashboards you provide and will proactively highlight any discrepancies in the data, as well as shifts in performance trends and metrics. You will also work closely with designated partners of Pharmanovia, to improve data accuracy, data collection and confirm and resolve any issues.
In this role, you will work with a wide variety of data sources, including but not limited to financial data, competition landscape data, pricing data, CRM data to provide comprehensive insights to the global commercial team and other departments within Pharmanovia.
You should have good attention to detail, be a confident communicator and a proactive problem solver. You should be confident with commercial analytical methods and have a good understanding of key metrics and performance trends to be tracked.
The department has an ethos of continuous improvement, refining systems and creating efficiencies. This, along with the rapid growth of the business, leads to a varied and dynamic working environment.
Main responsibilities & duties:
- Ensuring data (covering in market and to market sales, competitor landscape, inventory, PO status, and CRM data) is received in a timely manner from our partners or internal departments and support automation projects across the business
- Organising, analysing and processing datasets from different sources with attention to detail and accuracy
- Building and developing Power BI dashboards covering a variety of performance metrics (sales performance, profitability, IQVIA analysis, inventory and field-force activity) to support business review meetings, and using analytical skills & business acumen to translate data into informative visuals and reports
- Utilising in-market and to-market data to provide regular updates on performance of our partners & products globally
- Working with prescription, patient and insurance data
- Implementing additional automation in both data sources and processes
- Working closely with marketing & commercial teams to understand ROI for commercial strategies & promotional initiatives, both globally and for key regions. Reviewing sales patterns for controlled drugs, monitoring for inconsistencies in sales & reporting variation commentary to QA when required
- Driving analytics and recommending course of action in coordination with commercial team to improve business performance
- Alerting and highlighting to the region teams discrepancies in data sets, shifting trends or possible data errors, and work with partners to confirm/resolve the issue.
- Ad-hoc analysis for designated GMs/regions & other functions in the business
- Ad-hoc projects and other required functions depending on business needs
Candidates with commercial analytics experience, and working knowledge of US patient and insurance data, are likely to have the skills required to be successful in this role. We are also looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline
- High capability in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Advanced Excel skills - experience working with Pivot Tables, VBA and Power Query
- Experience with Power BI (or similar tools e.g. Tableau)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and/or Statistical Programming knowledge (Python/R)
- Commercial analytics and commercial knowledge
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and experience is preferred
- Experience working with US patient and insurance data
- Driven and motivated to success in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing competencies
- Proactive problem solver and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus and rewards package including holiday, health & wellbeing program, employee recognition awards, social events, pension scheme and hybrid working.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.