MID-SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
We have a diverse, multi-disciplinary team. The mid-Senior Data Scientist exists to provide data science subject matter expertise in our client projects. This may be at the designing/planning stage or at the building/testing stage, or both. The mid-Senior Data Scientist typically works alongside our Data Engineers to provide clients with end-to-end Big Data Analytics solutions or help them explore and better understand their data through the extraction of actionable insights. Within a project there may be one or more Data Scientists, depending on the size and complexity of the work.
- You will interact with diverse professionals and domain experts from different industries to understand and tackle challenging problems.
- You will be working on cutting-edge cloud platforms, developing end-to-end ML pipelines to tackle tasks such as prediction, classification and recommendation.
- You will generate reports and presentations to communicate findings to clients and stakeholders.
- You will lead and mentor a team of data scientists, and you will have to continuously fuel their professional growth.
- You will work closely with Data Reply management to extend and innovate our data science capabilities.
- You will serve as technical expert advisor in proposal discussion for new projects.
YOU WILL NEED TO
- Help to translate high-level requirements into detailed functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design, implement and test machine learning pipelines. This can involve any or all of the following: data exploration and cleaning, feature engineering, model selection, model training & validation, model deployment.
- Manage the delivery of a team of data scientists by properly delegating work and controlling the outcomes, to ensure the delivery is high quality and consistent with the agreed timeline.
- Lead and mentor a team of junior data scientists by demonstrating excellence and supporting team members to attain that standard by training them and through use of mechanisms and best practices such as peer review/code review.
- Support us on our endeavour to continuously improve our data science practice by:
- constantly challenging best practice; and
- research and experiment with emerging technologies and new practices with a view to bringing business value through early adoption.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A minimum 2.1 Bachelor's degree is required in Mathematics
- 3-4 years’ experience as a data scientist.
- Experience in technical guidance of small data science group is a plus.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work autonomously.
- Pragmatic attitude – being able to consider the big picture and to make pragmatic strides towards perfection as opposed to being stuck in a cycle of defining it.
- Strong stakeholder and team communication skills – can explain technical concepts to non-technical people, but can also walk through detailed approach with technical team.
- Experience in time series manipulation and forecasting is mandatory.
- Experience in deep learning and deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet), especially applied to computer vision, is a strong plus.
- Other domains of interest include, but are not limited to: recommender systems, graph analytics, churn prediction.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python (e.g. scikit-learn) is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Spark is a strong plus.
- Experience with Git and modern software development workflow is mandatory.
- Familiarity with Scrum Agile ways of working is a strong plus.
- Previous experience working with the AWS stack (e.g. Sagemaker, Rekognition) is a strong plus.
- You will be expected to travel as required.