OnStar Insurance is currently looking for an individual who is motivated by working with petabytes of data across multiple sources to support the development and production of our products. You will be an individual contributor on an agile team supporting the data and analytics needs for product teams across OnStar Insurance.
The top candidate will have a strong foundation in software engineering, solid analytical skills, and an excitement for working with extremely large data assets to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.About OnStar Insurance
OnStar Insurance was launched in 2020 and will soon be available in all US states. We leverage our unique understanding of insurance and insurance customers to offer a secure, fair, personalized, and easy-to-use insurance experience for drivers. GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide with over 10M connected GM vehicles on the road in the US today. That number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, we currently have access to over 900 data points from the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven will revolutionize auto insurance. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion. We are serious about the safety and financial security of our customers.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the foundational stage of a start-up leading the transformation of the auto insurance experience with the backing of the largest connected vehicle fleet in the world. If you share our vision of making auto insurance pricing fairer and more transparent, and increasing customer value through personalized experiences, then OnStar Insurance is the place for you! At OnStar Insurance, your contributions will directly impact the customer and achieving our mission.Our Culture
Our goal at OnStar Insurance is to transform the auto insurance industry. Building an amazing culture for our associates is key to our success. We are focused on creating a culture that motivates and enables our diverse and talented associates to perform their best.This is a remote position. The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.Key Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders and senior engineers to design, develop and maintain best-in-class data pipelines
- Partner with solution architects and software engineers across our IT team to deploy and monitor our solutions
- Research and develop new tools and technologies to enable our success
- Contribute to an amazing work culture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or other related discipline
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Comfortable working remotely
- Strong communication skills including explaining technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid programming foundation including best practices (bash, git, testing, etc)
- Proficient in Python and Scala
- Experience with technologies used throughout the big data ecosystem (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Delta Lake, Cassandra, etc)
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.