We are currently looking to hire a Data Analyst into our Investor Services business based in London.
The purpose of this function is:
The Enterprise Data Services Team is responsible for the development and governance of Investment Data throughout BMG and are responsible for driving a cultural shift towards a more analytically driven business, increasing the value the business derives from their data and using it to support customers both internally and externally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop the data strategy, guidelines and quality standards efficiently and effectively within the broader context of Brooks Macdonald Group
- Create and supports effective data stewardship and governance
- Look strategically at data generation, management and utilization and how this can be optimized to deliver business outcomes
- Identify opportunities through more effective use of data, and works with the relevant functions to implement new approaches
- Lead a team of Data Analysts to support internal and external reporting requirements
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and quality of client, investment reference, transactions & positions and market data
- Lead in the development and maintenance of data management processes with focus on service quality and efficiency
- Implement investment data analysis, insight and quality management solutions targeting highest priority business needs and outcomes
- Deliver high quality MI at product, organisation and business party level
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Experience of simplifying and communicating complex terminology to non-technical individuals
- Experience in conducting analysis for evidence-based decision making, developing models and decision support tools.
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and working within set SLAs
- Demonstrable experience of working with/across different teams with different priorities/needs
- Demonstrable experience of delivering excellent client satisfaction both internally and externally
- Strong demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Appreciation of current technologies that support business intelligence and data analytics
- Demonstrable experience in manipulating large data sets in Excel
About Brooks Macdonald
We’re a dynamic, ambitious wealth management firm, employing around 450 people across the UK and Channel Islands. We offer fulfilling careers in an inclusive culture that values diversity, ambition and rewards high performance.
Our values (we call them our guiding principles) underpin our culture and are at the heart of everything we do:
- we do the right thing
- we are connected
- we care
- we make a difference
We welcome talented people from all backgrounds who live and breathe our guiding principles and are focused on making a difference for our clients. We value different ways of working and actively promote flexible working across our business. As a principle, our people are able to spend up to 50% of their time working remotely.
We’re committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, religion or belief, sexuality, age, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.