We are trusted advisers enabling Ford to see our business, know our customers and act in a meaningful way. We drive evidence-based decision making by providing timely, actionable and forward-looking insights to our One Ford business partners.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
The Data Scientist in R&D analytics discovers patterns from new and existing data sources and creates solutions for the business.
- Employ statistical / econometric / data mining techniques to assess, monitor and forecast different sources of risk.
- Develop optimization frameworks to support models related to risk allocation, pricing, capital strategy to improve and guide business decisions.
- Support the deployment of analytical tools related to quantitative risk management. Maintain and enhance previously developed models and tools.
- Work with various data sources and platforms (PC, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, and Teradata) to gather data.
- Execute both descriptive and inferential ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Communicate and present models to business customers and executives.
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research or Quantitative Finance
- 2+ years’ of working experience in automobile or financial industry
- 2+ years’ of programming experience in R, MATLAB, or SAS
- 3+ years of experience in statistical, econometric, or mathematic modeling
- Visualization software tools such as qlikview, tableau experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Large scale data manipulation and mining /pattern recognition experience
- Proficiency with simulation techniques such as Monte Carlo
- Strong knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. linear/nonlinear/dynamic programming)
- Knowledge of theoretical / empirical techniques commonly used in industrial organizations (e.g. game theory, contract theory, oligopoly theory)
- Knowledge of models with limited dependent variables (e.g. choice models, selection models)
- Experience with C# and/or JAVA for developing Windows and Web applications
- Experience with parallel/grid computing
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.