- Deliver insights with predictive analytics and machine learning to drive key business decisions
- Exciting projects in retail, supply chain, trading, and customer segments
- Work using a flexible and powerful data science platform
At Ampol, sustaining success hasn’t come by chance. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions in complex, often diverse operating environments. We’ve fuelled our success by embracing change and having the courage to transform, and we continue to evolve to keep Australia moving.
About the role:
Innovation at Ampol is closely supported by the Actionable Insights team, a centre of excellence for big data and advanced analytics.
In Actionable Insights, we turn raw data into actionable intelligence using a full-stack data science platform built on Microsoft Azure. We deliver data-driven insights to support critical business decisions; develop predictive and prescriptive analytic models; and deploy key models into production to support business processes.
Our team is continuously learning and innovating to find and deliver new opportunities to Ampol. Our data scientists are responsible for developing models to deliver these outcomes, working together with our business strategy experts, data engineers, and platform support team.
As a Data Scientist at Ampol, you’ll take us further by:
- Helping to identify analytical opportunities to deliver business objectives
- Developing high value analytical models which deliver insights and enable decision making
- Leveraging varied data inputs from both internal and external sources
- Employing your understanding of statistical and machine learning techniques, such as Time series forecasting, Bayesian, regression and classification, clustering, simulation, and optimisation algorithms
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mathematics, Statistics or Machine Learning; MA or PhD preferred
- 3+ years of proven technical capacity delivering machine learning and other advanced analytics projects in a business context including Retail, Marketing, or Fuel/Commodities Markets
- Proficiency in the usage of data visualisation toolsets (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, RShiny, Flask) and possess a willingness to continue to learn and develop understanding of advanced analytics technologies and approaches
- Experience in developing models such as ARIMA, Random Forest, Lasso regression, K-mean clustering, linear or non-linear optimisation
- Strong expertise in R and or Python and an ability to write SQL and work with relational databases
- A focus on delivering solutions to problems in a business environment
- A desire to continue to learn and develop your skills as a data scientist
We’ll take you further by:
- Embracing what makes you unique and leveraging your individual strengths where diverse experience and backgrounds are valued
- Welcoming you to our Actionable Insights Team where by unveiling new ideas, questioning the norm, or solving complex problems we are tasked with making an impact on the business that will take us into the future
- Flexible work options, including working from home arrangements
- Career development opportunities
- BabyCare Package (including a BabyCare bonus)
- Employee Share Scheme
- Ampol 25% fuel discount
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and inclusion and celebrate what makes us unique. We’ll take you further with freedom and flexibility to be you.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications will be reviewed w/c 1 March 2021.
Thank you to our Agency Partners for your interest; we are not accepting prospective CV's at this time.