The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 13.5 million members and customers across 14 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
What you will do:
Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Identify business problems which can be solved through Artificial Intelligence, determining criteria for evaluating success
- Work with Big Data coming from numerous sources
- Extract, clean, transform and process very large amounts of structured and unstructured data to prepare for data science initiatives (data wrangling)
- Apply machine learning, time series and other data science techniques to forecast sales volumes, usage of products, membership benefits, etc.
- Build deployable machine learning models that can support solutions for cross sell, sentiment analysis, improved customer experience, etc.
- Research new machine learning solutions for complex business problems
- Create data visualizations to illustrate findings in BI tools such as Tableau
- Communicate findings to business partners and executives
- Train and mentor other Data Scientists
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar area of study preferred.
With our powerful brand, you will find your position as a Lead Data Scientist can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
How you will benefit:
Our Auto Club Group Lead Data Scientist can earn a competitive salary with a potential of earning bonuses
Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.Qualifications
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar area of study; or in the alternative, a combination of education, certifications, and work experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar area of study.
- 8+ years experience with statistical modeling tools such as R, and scripting languages such as Python or Scala
- 3+ years experience with applying machine learning techniques to real-world problems
- 3+ years machine learning experience with supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
- 5+ years experience using statistical techniques including linear/logistic regression, decision trees and cluster analysis
- 5 + years experience with advanced SQL queries
- Experience working with unstructured data
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of big data technologies such as Spark
- Familiarity with BI Tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Data Studio, etc.
- Expertise with machine learning packages
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 14 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
AAA Membership growth and renewal
Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.